Solved

default to saved search in aurena LOV?

• 7 February 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

In IEE on an LOV, you can set a default saved search.

Is there a way to do something similar in Aurena?

For example, we built a saved search on expense sheets so that the only work orders a person will see are those that are assigned to them.  Otherwise the LOV has way too much to navigate.

How do you do that in Aurena?

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 10 February 2020, 14:03

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Mark,
I think you can save the search in Aurena as follows.
When you select the Drop-Down button and click on the Find button. \

Add the necessary filtration and save it as follows.
and Click on the 3 dotted line in setting and select Save Search.

Next time this saved search can be used.

You also can use the Favorite option. It will show the employees favorite items always first when they select Drop Down list. (At the First attempt you will have to search and mark then as Favorites in the list of values) 

Hope this helps.
Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks Shehan, that does help.  Do you know if there is a way to use a select statement in that saved search?  Only showing work orders a person is assigned to requires more than just searching that particular LOV, you have to check against other related LUs as well.

Additionally, is there a way to push the saved search out to users so it is their default without them having to take any action on their own?

Both of these items are things you can do in IEE.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Mark,

Yes. You can use more than one criteria when filtering.  I think that is what you mean by ‘Statement’ Just click on the column header and filter by any number of field available.

You can make a already saved search option a user default using following method.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks again - that gets me one step closer.

Regarding the select statement comment - this is an example of what we use in IEE today to limit work orders to those assigned to the employee.  I provide this to illustrate what I mean.

OBJKEY IN (SELECT t1.objkey

FROM &AO.jt_execution_instance_uiv t,

&AO.active_separate_uiv t1

WHERE t.wo_no = t1.wo_no

AND t.resource_id IN (SELECT DISTINCT r.resource_id

FROM &AO.resource_connection r

WHERE r.employee_id IN (SELECT DISTINCT h.emp_no

FROM &AO.expense_header h

WHERE h.company_id = :i_hWndFrame.tbwDetailsExpenses.colsCompanyId

AND h.expense_id = :i_hWndFrame.tbwDetailsExpenses.colnExpenseId)))

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Mark,

Currently I do not see that SQL option available. Not sure If I’m missing something here. However, I think I can put this as an new requirement as an Idea.

Hope you can use the other options until then.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@shallk  - thank you for all your help. 

This would be a great feature to add in a future release.  There are often cases when a drop down or list of values needs to be restricted and the normal ways of doing that are not enough.  This is a good example.  We never want an employee to record time or expenses against project or work orders that they are not assigned to.  Additionally, it’s a poor user experience to have to go wading through hundreds of options in a drop down when only a handful apply.

Thanks again.

Userlevel 7

@shallk  - thank you for all your help. 

This would be a great feature to add in a future release.  There are often cases when a drop down or list of values needs to be restricted and the normal ways of doing that are not enough.  This is a good example.  We never want an employee to record time or expenses against project or work orders that they are not assigned to.  Additionally, it’s a poor user experience to have to go wading through hundreds of options in a drop down when only a handful apply.

Thanks again.

There is no SQL in the Aurena client, but instead it uses oData. Right now there is easy way to create queries as in your example above. You'd have to put an oData string together with a reference and an attribute and I'm not 100% sure what is supported in this space yet.

@Chanaka Herath any inputs would be much appreciated. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@anmise - are there any directions or guides on how to put an oData string together with a reference and an attribute?

Userlevel 7

@anmise - are there any directions or guides on how to put an oData string together with a reference and an attribute?

Not that I know of, that's why I pinged Chanaka. Hopefully he can shed some light on that. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Mark,
I think you can save the search in Aurena as follows.
When you select the Drop-Down button and click on the Find button. \

Add the necessary filtration and save it as follows.
and Click on the 3 dotted line in setting and select Save Search.

Next time this saved search can be used.

You also can use the Favorite option. It will show the employees favorite items always first when they select Drop Down list. (At the First attempt you will have to search and mark then as Favorites in the list of values) 

Hope this helps.
Shehan Almeida.

@shallk - how do you get the favorite option to show up?  If I go to add an expense to an expense sheet for example, the drop downs for project and work order have search options, but I don’t see the “heart” symbol anywhere.  Are there certain drop downs where setting a favorite is not an option?

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Mark,

You will have to mark the favorite items manually first time form the list.

Then they will appear.

Thanks,

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@shallk Sorry to be difficult, but the screenshot you have in your reply - where is that in Aurena?  I’m trying to determine the most efficient place to mark as favorites things like project activities, work orders, and work tasks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Mark,

No worries.. :relaxed:

You just need to select the LOV and then select the Find button as given below.

This will take you to the relevant window where you can mark the favorite items.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Shehan Almeida.