Solved

Creating Users

• 4 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Is there away to create users from a template or to copy from an existing user?

Our current process of creating users is very manual and time consuming, if we could copy a user who does the same role or create templates for each role it would be a lot better.

Any help or advise anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Safras Ahamed 5 November 2019, 03:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

You can use the Batch Create User functionality in IFS EE

Badge +2

You can use the Batch Create User functionality in IFS EE

Thanks for taking the time to respond! 

Is this not just for creating multiple users in one go?

Normally we would be creating one user but there access requirements etc would be the same as an existing user

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Okay, I misread your question. Yes, it’s to create multiple users. If by Access Requirement you mean permission grants to pages, can’t you create a common permission set and then grant it to the users? Or are you talking about Company Site Level grants?

There is also the option to use a Data Migration job to create the user and grant the permission

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

With Batch Create User Wizard in Step 3 you could manage the common access requirements such as granting to permission sets as well as adding the users to companies, sites, business roles, user groups etc. So, all the users created from this wizard would have the same access controls if that is what you are looking for. This 3rd step will contain the same settings available in the User Settings tree in the User Detail form.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@FraserT  You can easily create a full clone of an existing user including all their permission sets, companies, sites etc by using the Duplicate option from the existing User.

Go to the User Details of the one that you want to copy, click on the little corner arrow next to the New icon, then select Duplicate from the list that appears.  Be sure to change the UserID, Directory ID and Description and save… exact duplicate with all the info.  Make adjustments to the duplicate as needed.

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@FraserT Dependent on the version of IFS you can also create a template that can be used when creating other users.

Badge +2

@FraserT Dependent on the version of IFS you can also create a template that can be used when creating other users.

Hi John, We are currently  using IFS9 Update 14. Are templates possible for us?

Also, thanks all for your responses I was not receiving notifications when you posted. I will take a look at your suggestions this week and post my result.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

you can / should also copy the profile, this is sometimes more important to the end user as it includes the appearance, saved queries etc 

This is via “solution manager \ user interface \ user profile” 

find the source profile, click “show details...” then RMB select the folder (or the whole amount) in the navigator choosing “Copy Values to Profiles...” then select the users profile you wish to copy too.

need a hand give me a shout.

Rich