Solved

Automatic Time Clock clock out

• 22 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I have an issue where associates forget to clock out of Time Clock at the end of their shift. This causes an issue with the Time Card and reporting. 

Is there a way to have IFS automatically clock a user out after a given period of time (ie - after 15 hours)?

I believe this would also resolve the issue of users forgetting to log out of Shop Orders in Workbench as well. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by cjohnson 23 March 2021, 13:11

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m not sure I understand the issue here, isn’t it all about tracing what API call to use, create some SQL that runs a scheduled background job and it’ll solve the problem?

or perhaps send automatic reminder after X amount of hours to the user?

or simplify it by having an Android tablet on the wall and just use tags to clock in or out for all the users as the come and leave?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @cjohnson ,

Having IFS automatically clock employees out after their shift isn’t something that’s going to be done out of box with just a configuration change.  Your request is a little tricky as well because you don’t want to clock out anyone who is actually still working.   

We thought about doing as @AndreasIsengaard  recommend creating a custom database task we’d have run every 8 hours and if someone was still clocked in after 16 hours automatically clocking them  out.  After much thought we decided against this option because it would create a lot of cleanup work for the supervisors to change time and shift incremental time for anyone who didn’t clock out because the ending time would certainly be incorrect.

We decided to notify the supervisor of the missed clocking event (in or out) for the employee so the supervisor could meet with the employee the next day to discuss why they didn’t clock out and correct the timecard day record.   We found doing this lead to less issues where employees would forget to clock in or out.

Our employees can still clock in the next day even when they miss a clock out the previous day but there payroll hours wouldn’t be correct until they meet with their supervisor and its corrected.

As for shop orders we do not have individual employees clocking into shop orders we use a shop order team to which the production line leader will clock everyone in and out of the shop order as a team because we can not run the production line without all employees begin present and ready.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, I believe we found a solution that will work. There is a Missing Clocking Notify that will message the employee and send an email to their supervisor:

I believe this will be the best solution for addressing these issues. 

Thanks all for the input and suggestions! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello, I believe we found a solution that will work. There is a Missing Clocking Notify that will message the employee and send an email to their supervisor:

I believe this will be the best solution for addressing these issues. 

Thanks all for the input and suggestions! 

Hi cjohnson,

Where can I find the tjek-box for the Missing Clocking Notify - I cannot find it ?? ….

We have apps 10.10.

Br,Marianne

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @MarianneLykkeMadsen,

Notify Missing Clocking checkbox is in Time Clock Terminals window

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @MarianneLykkeMadsen,

Notify Missing Clocking checkbox is in Time Clock Terminals window