Question

Approval of project time by project manager

• 25 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

In our organization, employees registering project time require approval of both the Project Manager (PM) and of their supervisor (who is not the same person in most cases).

We would like the PM to be able to view all time registered against their projects and review/approve it prior to approval by employee’s supervisor.

Is there something in particular to setup or a screen that can give a view (with possibility to approve) of time registered against your project(s)?

Only option I can think of is to get the PM to go to Project transactions (and have filters in place so they only see the transactions related to their projects) to review/approve project time.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello Alex,

Project Transactions page is where the PM to approve for Relevant Transactions but if the PM first need to view the Transactions to be approved,  perhaps a new Lobby page can get created that filter and display those data (Need to define a Data Source and created an Element to show data). Then you can define the navigator too in the element so when PM clicks the certain transactions in the Lobby, it will navigate to the Transactions page then can approve the transactions.

Is there any challenge that PM cannot access the Project Transactions pagedirectly? Also PM can keep a Saved Search as well to pull the relevant data in the Transactions window.

Hope this helps:).

Best Regards,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We have the same issue, however if the Project Manager can authorize, he needs to have access to all employees' time registration. Is there a way to bypass that ?  To filter the hours via ‘Project Transaction’ view does not seem an issue. 

Isn't it possible to have the PM only authorize the (by default setup) ‘Approve Project Time Reporting’ and the manager the ‘Time and Attendance’ ?  Where could i set the checkmarks on/off ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Alexis.S why not use the Project Time Registration window instead so all that’s shown to the PM would be the time registered for the employee against the project activity? No internal rates or any other sensitive data is not shown there.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

And, in addition to my previous reply, is there a way to have a custom field in the Time Registration window lines ? This could be a checkbox to show the PM has agreed on the hours. In optimized configuration, this checkbox would stop authorization followed by a warning, if not checked.

Something like custom field below:

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi Alexis․S,

Thanks for the feedback, so here I believe Lobby page does certainly will help you, and yes sensitive information can get hidden through permission sets. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Kasun 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Kasun,

Thanks for the information/advice. I’ll look into setting this up. From head, main challenge in accessing project transactions directly is permission sets (project transactions contain information on internal price, which is sensitive), but I guess it can be managed via permission sets.

Regards,

Alexis