Question

3rd Shift not Calculating Correctly when Clocking Out for Lunch

• 24 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We have a work schedule that is from 3:00PM to 2:00AM the next day and some employees take lunch around 12:00AM the next day.  If they clock out for lunch at 12:00 AM and clock back in at 12:30AM it doesn’t register it as the part of the same work day.  However, if they do not clock in/out for lunch and only clock out for lunch then it calculates correctly.  Please see screenshots below:

Day Type

Flexible Break Rule:

Time card without clocking out for lunch:

Time card when they do clock out for lunch:

Can someone please help as to why the results are not calculating correctly?  Thanks in advance!

Liz

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Elizabeth Williford ,

We have noticed the same issue in IFS Application 10 Update 15 during our testing of the update.   In IFS Application 10 Update 8 everything works as we expect the time stays on the day the same work day.   Anytime they clock out after midnight the time goes to the next work day.   We also use Incremental and we noticed when an employee clocks out after midnight the differential calculation isn’t running so the employee does not receive the 3rd shift differential for the hours after midnight.  If they do not clock out for lunch they receive the proper Increment and all time is on same work day.

We have not reported the issue to IFS as we decided instead of upgrading to IFS Application 10 Update 15 we’d upgrade to IFS Cloud 22R2 which we have just began but it sounds like we will encounter the same issue.  😣

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Elizabeth Williford ,

Have you found a solution to this issue?  We are beginning our IFS Cloud 22R2 with a go live version of IFS Cloud 23R1 and we run 3 shifts with a 2nd and 3rd shift differential calculated using an increment.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi guys,

Having the same problem here. Do you have any news? IFS Cloud 22R2.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Elizabeth Williford ,

Have you been able to resolve this issue?

If so is the resolution in 22R2 or 23R1?

Regards,

William Klotz

Badge +1

No, and unfortunately, we have been told by IFS that it is a setup issue not an R&D issue. We are 23R1 and the issue has not been resolved yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI @Elizabeth Williford , @gianni.neves  and @BHern12 ,

I was reviewing the bug fixes in IFS Cloud 23R2 today and I noticed this item.  I’ve attached the 23R2 Fixes spreadsheet.  Its line 606 in the spreadsheet.  Hopefully it really does the trick and resolves the issue.

Case: G2377365 - Third shift clocking appearing on the wrong day.

Description: Clocking appear on the wrong day when the employee clocks in after midnight from lunch.

Resolution: IFS Cloud 23R2

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

HI @Elizabeth Williford , @gianni.neves  and @BHern12 ,

I was reviewing the bug fixes in IFS Cloud 23R2 today and I noticed this item.  I’ve attached the 23R2 Fixes spreadsheet.  Its line 606 in the spreadsheet.  Hopefully it really does the trick and resolves the issue.

Case: G2377365 - Third shift clocking appearing on the wrong day.

Description: Clocking appear on the wrong day when the employee clocks in after midnight from lunch.

Resolution: IFS Cloud 23R2

Regards,

William Klotz

Thanks @william.klotz.

Badge +1

@william.klotz fingers crossed!!!

Thank you!!!