Solved

Yellow Notes in Aurena

• 6 December 2019
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks, Asanka.  We’ll be rushing off to try it!  

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Asanka,

Great work this could save us a lot of time, I work with Linda in technical and I tried to run the script.

When I run in PLSQL I get clob_to_blob not declaired:

ifsapp.edm_file_storage_api.write_blob_data(objversion_,
                                                objid_,
                                                clob_to_blob(rec.text));

Am I doing something wrong or could this be because we are using 22.2?

Thanks,

Alex

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Asanka,

Great work this could save us a lot of time, I work with Linda in technical and I tried to run the script.

When I run in PLSQL I get clob_to_blob not declaired:

ifsapp.edm_file_storage_api.write_blob_data(objversion_,
                                                objid_,
                                                clob_to_blob(rec.text));

Am I doing something wrong or could this be because we are using 22.2?

Thanks,

Alex

Sorry, mate. My bad. Forgot that it indeed needed a custom function deployed prior to work (as there is no standard clob to blob conversion as far as I know). Please deploy the attached before running the script. If you prefer not to create any database objects, you may add this function in the script as well. I’ve dug up this function from the Internet, but works fine for what we’re after.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Anyone know if this feature is coming in a future update?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Would it be possible for R n D to develop  script so we could at least extract the data on Sticky Notes?

We use them extensively - things like flagging up an issue on a customer accout so anyone dealing with the customer either in Sales or Finance instantly sees the issue.  Not everyone looks for or has the will to seek out a text box or even look for a checkbox and then have to RMB to Notes to view the comments.  We are making the move from Apps9 to Cloud and it’s one of the things users have mourned the loss of quite heavily.  

In Cloud we are thinking of adding a custom notes field and have it conditionally formatted and/or visible if there is any text in the field - to give the users that instant ‘in your face’ notification … as and when conditional formatting makes a return, of course.  

In readiness, it would be helpful if we could identify where those sticky notes are and what the text is so we can replicate. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I have been asked to elaborate on my previous answer and specifically answer the question

"Are you able to confirm whether the sticky notes are deprecated in future and if so what is the alternative and how to migrate existing sticky notes ?"

The answer is yes, Sticky Notes are deprecated. If Sticky Notes were used to save some additional information connected to an object, then an alternative to use would be Custom Fields. There is currently no alternative to get the same “in your face” feeling that several people seems to be requesting. We have noted the request to find an equivalent solution and it will be considered, but there is no such solution planned for the upcoming release. There is no general migration plan at the moment, but the stored Sticky Notes are not removed so depending on the usage it should be possible to extract needed information during upgrade (or later). 

Hi Dominik,

It's been 1 year since your answer about the sticky notes. Is there any news about it in the meantime? Has a solution been found to implement this in Aurena/Cloud and is there already a timeline for when it will be available?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Is there some other functionality replacing it? Will the data survive the UI switch? It’s good to know what happens to all the notes that are added via IEE when you switch later to Aurena.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @anmise or @Banu Liyanapathirana are you able to confirm whether the yellow sticky notes are indeed planned to be deprecated, and if so what the estimate timeframe for this is?

Are you also able to confirm there are no plans to support them in Aurena?