Solved

Yellow Notes in Aurena

• 6 December 2019
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @anmise or @Banu Liyanapathirana are you able to confirm whether the yellow sticky notes are indeed planned to be deprecated, and if so what the estimate timeframe for this is?

Are you also able to confirm there are no plans to support them in Aurena?

It will not be deprecated on Apps10 but at the moment you only see the sticky notes in IEE. 

As for Aurena support going forward, I know it is a feature that RnD know is appreciated, but as for any firm plans on what shape or form it will take when/if it comes back, I don't have any answers at this point. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @anmise or @Banu Liyanapathirana are you able to confirm whether the yellow sticky notes are indeed planned to be deprecated, and if so what the estimate timeframe for this is?

Are you also able to confirm there are no plans to support them in Aurena?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

We are using it rather lot on transmitting extra info regarding construction projects whose lifespan can be 5 or more years even. The sticky notes are not very liked because they are always on the way and have to be moved around. We have a custom feature in use for entering manual log entries for projects and that could be the place to migrate the sticky notes contents before the switch to Aurena. It could and probably should be done already in IEE to get rid of the stickies.

But the sticky notes can be used everywhere and what I described above is only one certain view where it has been used. So the notes used elsewhere still have to be backed up and transferred somewhere else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

JukkaJ,

I'm not involved in the R&D part of IFS and can see that the table(s) holding the data (fnd_note_book_tab and fnd_note_page_tab) will be deprecated at some moment. Until then, you, we, I, R&D have to come up with a solution. I have a customer that is heavily using this feature on customer orders. I'm thinking of a custom tab that shows all the sticky notes. Not sure yet how to enter a new one. So some sort of journal or notes.

Steve

Least what we can do is prepare a proper backup of the mentioned tables.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Is there some other functionality replacing it? Will the data survive the UI switch? It’s good to know what happens to all the notes that are added via IEE when you switch later to Aurena.

Userlevel 7

Anyone know if this feature is coming in a future update?

I don't believe it's in the plans at the moment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Anyone know if this feature is coming in a future update?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @SORSITEL,

At the moment this functionality is not available in Aurena.