Solved

What is the underlying table for custom field? standard TAB or CFT?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, 

I have this problem trying to refer to a column in the tab in a readonly - select - Custom Field.

I’m trying to add a Custom Field to GenLedVoucherRow LU. I want to refer to a column in the table, gen_led_voucher_row_tab that I know is there and I can query for it on the database.

I refer to it in Arguments section in Create CF wizard as    t.COLUMN_NAME

This should refer to the COLUMN_NAME in the underlying table. But it says there is no such column in the table.

I’m wondering if they refer to gen_led_voucher_row_tab or gen_led_voucher_row_cft as the underlying table since it is clear that the column I want is not in the cft.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Bhagya Wickramasinghe 27 May 2022, 07:58

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @marfer,

Can you please share a screenshot of the ‘implementaion type’ dialog window?

Thanks!
Bhagya

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @marfer,

Can you please share a screenshot of the ‘implementaion type’ dialog window?

Thanks!
Bhagya

Hi Bhagya,

Thank you for the reply.

The select statement is dependent on the possibility of accessing counter_account from table. but it could be anything like:
select :counter_account from dual

and the wizard says there is no persistent column in the underlying table by the name ‘counter_account’

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

gen_led_voucher_row will have the base columns

gen_led_voucher_row_cft will have only the custom field columns and the row key connection column to the base table

gen_led_voucher_row_cfv will have both the base columns and the custom field columns in a combined view

Some objects have other variations of the base view that are constructed for a particular presentation object.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

gen_led_voucher_row will have the base columns

gen_led_voucher_row_cft will have only the custom field columns and the row key connection column to the base table

gen_led_voucher_row_cfv will have both the base columns and the custom field columns in a combined view

Some objects have other variations of the base view that are constructed for a particular presentation object.  

Thank you for the comment. This I understand.

but in arguments, if I use v.COL_NAME I usually get columns in CFV which isn’t a problem because it has everything from base and custom fields.

but if I use t.COL_NAME  and want to refer to a column in the table which may or may not be in the view, I run into a problem because I’m not sure which table is referrred to as -  

base table or cft?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Ahhh, I understand your question more clearly now, but I’m not sure the answer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

HI @marfer,

You can combine it using the key.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

The column COUNTER_ACCOUNT(and probably not only this one) does not exist in GEN_LED_VOUCHER_ROW_UNION_QRY which non-based view is used in General Ledger Row(I do not know exact name) window. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi

The column COUNTER_ACCOUNT(and probably not only this one) does not exist in GEN_LED_VOUCHER_ROW_UNION_QRY which non-based view is used in General Ledger Row(I do not know exact name) window. 

Yes.Hence why I wanted to refer from table with t.counter_account.

But it seems t refers to cft.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

HI @marfer,

You can combine it using the key.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Hi Bhagya, 

Thank you. I can use this. But this means that t refers to the CFT isn’t it? and v refers to the CFV?

if this is the first ever custom object and there is no CFV or CFT published, will t and v refer to TAB and base/used view?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

HI @marfer,

Yes, V referes to the CFV and T refers to the CFT.

Even if this is the first custom field the above princpal is still valid.
Cause after creating this FIRST custom field the LU will refer to the above V and T.

Hope this helps!

If you think my answer was helpful, please mark it as the best answer so that it can be helpful for other peers.

Best Regards,

Bhagya

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

HI @marfer,

Yes, V referes to the CFV and T refers to the CFT.

Even if this is the first custom field the above princpal is still valid.
Cause after creating this FIRST custom field the LU will refer to the above V and T.

Hope this helps!

If you think my answer was helpful, please mark it as the best answer so that it can be helpful for other peers.

Best Regards,

Bhagya

Hi Bhyagya,

Thank you! This is what I needed to know!