Solved

Translations in custom lobby elements and pages

• 27 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

This is related to translations for customer defined lobby elements and pages. What is the best way when scanning for translatable constants in Lobby? Is it to select module as ‘No Module’ or create a new module and use that for all custom translations?

Thank you!

Jeevanie Nisansala

icon

Best answer by Chamika Dilhani 28 September 2021, 13:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Badge +15

Hi @DissaJN  ,

As per the IFS documentation this is correct.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/280_lobby/050_translation/default.htm

Regards

Manoj

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Manoj Ruwanhewa,

Thank you for your response. I have referred the same F1 page, but wondering whether we should scan to a customized module for future export/import process like applying to another environment.

If we select ‘No Module’, how can we export from dev environment and import to another environment?

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Jeevanie Nisansala

Badge +15

Hi @DissaJN ,

No need to proceed with “No module” selected. Here the F1 documentation did not specify the module

As you are working on configurations related to lobbies, please check whether any module called

‘Config’ in the drop down. 

Please select Config as the module and proceed to next steps.

For lobby translations in latest APP10,  it comes as default module.

If you cannot find ‘config’ module , try to select a component which your lobbies are related.

Hope this has answered your question.

Best Regards

Manoj

Badge +15

Hi @DissaJN , just to quick follow-up to check whether  you were able to proceed with “Config” as the module  

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @DissaJN ,

I checked translations for both elements and pages in APP10. It fetched the module ‘CONFIG’ by default.

Even if I changed the component in Information section(changed and Saved) when rescanning the component remined unchanged. Anyhow, you can select one from the drop down.

You don’t have to create a new module as lobbies are configurations and belong to CONFIG.

After Saving the Translations, you can use  Translation Manager to export and import as explained below. (Since the translations are stored in the ordinary translation tables in the database, it is possible to use the same tools used when translating the entire Enterprise Explorer.)

To Export Translations

1. Open Translation Manager -> Administration -> Export Language Files.
  2. Choose layer User.
  3. Check the All Main Types checkbox.
  4. Select Export All.
  5. Select the CONFIG component (under Foundation1).
  6. Select the languages you want to export.
  7. Click Export... and select where you want your files.

To Import Translations

1. Open Translation Manager -> Administration -> Import Language Files.
  2. Click Import...
  3. Select the files you want to import and click Open.

Eg: 

You can see the translations in exported files. 

I believe you have to select the relevant component which you used when you scanning translations. But, it is always better to keep the component as ‘CONFIG’.

The same way you can import the files to another environment.

Hope this clarifies your issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi  @Chamika Dilhani and @Manoj Ruwanhewa,

Thank you very much for detailed explanation. We are using Apps9, however it has CONFIG module. I have tried out with one lobby page and seems it works well.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Jeevanie Nisansala