Question

SFTP Sender

Badge +4

Has anyone got SFTP sender to work in Apps9

I have the reader working but if I set up the sender with the same details there appears to be no network traffic at all and just an error message:-

Is there something missing from the documentation ?

Regards,

Alan

32 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

SFTP can be tricky if firewalls are involved.

Can you emulate this functionality manually on the application server using something like WInSCP ?

Badge +4

Thanks for a quick reply.

I have set up an SFTP reader that works OK and I can copy in both directions with FileZilla - all firewalls are off, at least for testing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

How have you set-up the SFTP sender in IFS connect?

Badge +4

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hmm looks Ok 

Do you have access to the SFTP server you are writing to?

If so, have you checked the log files there to see the incoming connection both when it works and when it fails? This will give you a clue as to what is happening. As a last resort, there are also logs on the IFS App Server in the Instance sub-folder folder logs\connectserver

Badge +4

I can connect using SFTP_Reader and FileZilla works both directions. Wireshark does not show any activity so nothing in the SFTP server logs. There is nothing in the connectserver logs - from the documentation I gather that the connectserver is for incoming.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Have you created the Routing Rules to Generate the output?

Badge +4

I have created routing rule and address and a test file. I run the test from the routing address screen.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

and sftp_knowhosts is set-up?

Badge +4

yes, it works in sftp_reader

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Well  I’m fresh out of ideas then - Sorry.

Badge +4

Thanks for your help.

It’s taken IFS 3 months to come to the same conclusion and now they want to charge us to look at it :(

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

:frowning2:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I can connect using SFTP_Reader and FileZilla works both directions. Wireshark does not show any activity so nothing in the SFTP server logs. There is nothing in the connectserver logs - from the documentation I gather that the connectserver is for incoming.

yes, you are correct. connectserver logs is for incoming. You should look in the j2ee for sender logs.

Check ifsapplog-*.log and ifsalert-*.log to see if you ind any interesting information there.

I once got stuck with the SFTP sender setup and created attached java code to simulate the IFS sftp sender connection. Hope it could guide you also to solve the issue.

Change the SFTP parameters in getClient() to your sftp details, compile and run from the application server machine. at least it will give the ‘real’ error message which then can investigate further.

below is how to compile and run the java code 

Cheers!

Damith

Badge +4

Thanks Damith

Like the SFTP Reader the java code ran and connected as expected. However the ManagedServer Log in J2EE has an interesting error when trying to run the IFS SFTP Sender -

. [Error GUID:084152be-54cb-4737-8725-cd474908ab47]
2020-04-20 11:36:35,419  66 WARNING [Integration] ifs.fnd.tc.framework.xml.XMLUtil.getEncoding(): [B@562416b7
ifs.fnd.base.SystemException: Route Address Tester not exist in Foundation configuration
    at ifs.fnd.tc.framework.config.Config.<init>(Config.java:105)
    at ifs.fnd.tc.framework.Instance.<init>(Instance.java:38)
    at ifs.fnd.tc.framework.ConnectFramework.getReader(ConnectFramework.java:285)

Would I be correct in assuming that IFS have not installed all the relevant code or is this a hidden chargeable extra ?

Full extract of log attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Alan Gillespie ,

Yes, there ‘s a high possibility of this error correlated to the SFTP sender error, and hopefully someone from IFS Technology will provide a proper explanation or you could log a case to IFS support.

Have you tested SFTP sender with a integration scenario than the Routing Address Test option? Maybe it works after all? If not, interesting to check the error message in the application message.

Regards,

Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Alan,

Have you configured the knownhosts file as per the instructions in the IFS help?

It needs to contain the thumbprint of the sftp server you are trying to authenticate with.

Badge +4

Mike,

I assume that the knownhosts file must be correct as the SFTP_Reader works fine.

I honestly think this is a bug, although IFS won’t admit it, because there is absolutely no network traffic before the error message - I would expect at least a DNS query.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Just to make sure, but the path to the knownhosts is the same on your reader? 

- I’m trying to make sure you are referecing the same file

Please run this and post the result:

select instance_name,area_name,parameter_name,parameter_type,parameter_value,value_list from fndcn_config_param_tab where instance_name in ('SFTP_SENDER1','SFTP_READER1') AND parameter_name = 'SERVERAUTH_KNOWNHOSTS'

--you might be using different connector names, so please ensure you adjust to reflect your test connectors.

What update version are you on? I beleive Upd16 is available for Apps9.

Badge +4

Hello Mike,

We are currently on Upd14 waiting for IFS to fix some WIP problems before we move to Upd17 ready for the new version of Oracle.

The parameter screen was mainly copy & paste between the reader & writer

SFTP_READER1    Integration    SERVERAUTH_KNOWNHOSTS    TypeText    C:\IFS\sftp_knownhosts    
SFTP_TEST    Integration    SERVERAUTH_KNOWNHOSTS    TypeText    C:\IFS\sftp_knownhosts    

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Alan

As it happens, I’ve had to set-up a new SFTP Sender and we were getting exactly the same problem as you were   (Apps 9 Update 12)

When I dug a little deeper, the problem was to do with the file and path names. Not sure it this is the same issue but I had to prefix the folder path.

Andy

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I also gave the know_hosts file a file extension so it doesn’t get misinterpreted as folder.

Badge +4

Thanks for your suggestion Andy. I have implemented both but still no luck.

Wire shark still does not show any outgoing packets, not even a query on the host name - Apps 9 is behaving like a petulant child, it is saying it can’t connect without even trying :(

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

we have the same issue (IFS App 9)

Badge +4

Fixed at last - it was all down to the routing address screen

Online documentation

Misunderstood as the file being output instead of the file on the destination

Entered on Routing screen

Should have been