Solved

Scheduling Quick report for mail using Application Server Task

• 18 December 2019
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

I used Application Server Task for mail Quick report and use reoccurring schedule patterns but it sent mail only once but Application Server Task status is still Waiting but not working.

Please guide me for this issue.

Regards

Shekhar

icon

Best answer by Minoshini Fonseka 18 December 2019, 07:25

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @IFS_Shekhar ,

What is the IFS version you are using to configure this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you are using Apps 9 onwards,  there is the ability to schedule SQL Statement type of Quick Reports.. 

Maybe you could go through F1 documentation to confirm you have configured correctly. If it was run once, please review the schedule part, and even you can confirm whether it shows the timestamp of the next execution scheduled. 

The link: Foundation1 / Administration Guide / Reporting / Adhoc Reporting / Scheduled Quickreports https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps9/Foundation1/040_administration/250_reporting/020_adhoc_reporting/030_scheduled_quickreports/default.htm

Further, if you have scheduled to repeat, the Application Server Task would not ended in finished state. Tasks in finished state can not be rescheduled at a later time. Then we have to create a new Application Server Task. Please check the scheduling tab. 

I have also attached the documentation in PDF format, if the link doesn't work for you.

On the other hand, it is better to make sure the Batch Processor is working. in that particular environment. Simply you can confirm by whether the background jobs, print jobs are working . If the queue used for those application server tasks is similar to the queue defined in the scheduled reports and if they seems to work correctly , we could get an idea  whether it works.. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I am using IFS 9 and go through this help document and followed steps but it sent only one time mail.

When i scheduled daily, it sent once and status marked as Finish and i use reoccurring schedule patterns then status is Waiting but sending mail only once again.

Yes, i confirmed that background jobs, print jobs are working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

In which way you have scheduled? Can you send some screenshots.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @IFS_Shekhar 

Is that value FALSE for ONE_TIME_TASK_ in the parameter section within quotes? can you remove the quotes and give a try.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Sending Mail using Application Server Task is working fine but it is sending 2 times mail whereas i have schedule only once.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sending Mail using Application Server Task is working fine but it is sending 2 times mail whereas i have schedule only once.

Does that mean, at each time you get two mails ?
Is it the similar mail..?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Yes

Then it is better to check the application messages ​​​​​to confirm (Specially the content, from RMB to show details).
Was it sent at the very same timestamp.
Is there any other issues in the application where you get duplicates in application messages.. Or does this occur only for this instance

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

IFS10:

@IFS_Shekhar was you able to resolve the issue, i am experiencing something similar, Application message is in ‘Waiting’ Status, scheduled ‘Weekly’ but it sends email only once and not every working day. 
I tried ‘Daily’ too, same results.

as you can see its created to run ‘Weekly’’ on 5/24 and it gave me ‘Waiting’ Status in ‘Application Messages’ only on that date, ‘Status Date’ column shows yesterday’s date, Background Job is executing every time, Can someone help me understand why there is no ‘Application Message’ or sending email everyday? This is TEST system, expecting same behavior once in Production?

@Minoshini Fonseka  any insight on this, we are scheduling for the first time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @OrangeCloud ,

Let’s see your concerns.. :relaxed:

1. Waiting state in application message is right. 
    When we use reoccurring schedule pattern, it will never leave the application server task in a finished state. Tasks in finished state can not be rescheduled at a later time. Waiting state appear for schedule task mean that it will trigger more executions. 

1. Only one application message is appearing. 
    When we have a reoccurring schedule pattern, it will only show the last execution timestamp in the application message. It does not show all the previously executed application messages, it’s because when we create the application server task, we provide an application message id. So, it will be that application message appears there. 

2. Background job is executed at n times.
    Yes. From that we can check, how much times it was executed. 

Following is from my example. In this case, this was executed 3 times.

So, all above things seems to be happened correctly as expected.

3. However your concern is that you only received the mail at once, although it was executed 7 times. Please check the “Next execution is scheduled” time. Is it set correctly? If it is the correct time according to the schedule that is also right.

4. Then what could see is that whether there are any issues to send the mail. For that, please check the application message related to the mail. For this, separate application messages should be created. Following is from my example. You can also check similar application messages. 

Check whether they are created, whether there are any errors here. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Minoshini Fonseka Thank you for your explanation with examples. I see that my background job is running everyday. which means when in Production we will get emails everyday/when scheduled :thumbsup_tone3: .

the only difference that i see is that in details of Application Messages i dont see Excel attachment as your screenshot is showing above. i highlight the difference, email address is different saying RenderExcelDocument. and message request is also in xml in place of  txt.
Sender and Receiver looks reversed too.

Will selecting Batch2 or Batch1 make any difference in this process?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Minoshini Fonseka , I tested and email worked, any idea on how to resolve following error in the attachment. SQL statement is running fine if run manually, in email attachment i see following error.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @OrangeCloud 

try to execute below 2 queries in database by log in as IFSAPP(appowner)

1)

BEGIN

Database_SYS.Grant_All_Objects_Ial('IFSINFO');

END;

2)

BEGIN
   Installation_SYS.Grant_Ifssys(TRUE);

END;  

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

If you are using Apps 9 onwards,  there is the ability to schedule SQL Statement type of Quick Reports.. 

Maybe you could go through F1 documentation to confirm you have configured correctly. If it was run once, please review the schedule part, and even you can confirm whether it shows the timestamp of the next execution scheduled. 

The link: Foundation1 / Administration Guide / Reporting / Adhoc Reporting / Scheduled Quickreports https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps9/Foundation1/040_administration/250_reporting/020_adhoc_reporting/030_scheduled_quickreports/default.htm

Further, if you have scheduled to repeat, the Application Server Task would not ended in finished state. Tasks in finished state can not be rescheduled at a later time. Then we have to create a new Application Server Task. Please check the scheduling tab. 

I have also attached the documentation in PDF format, if the link doesn't work for you.

On the other hand, it is better to make sure the Batch Processor is working. in that particular environment. Simply you can confirm by whether the background jobs, print jobs are working . If the queue used for those application server tasks is similar to the queue defined in the scheduled reports and if they seems to work correctly , we could get an idea  whether it works.. 

Is this function feasible in the IFS 7.5 version?

Regards

Sekhar.G