Question

Revoking access to an Entity

• 22 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Community,

Can someone guide me on how to restrict access to certain section of a screen in IFS Cloud / Aurena please?

We would like the Procurement Team to create supplier records but they should not be able to view the payment information. Only the finance team should be able to create and view payment information for the supplier including viewing rest of the supplier information.

Bottom line is how do we revoke access on an entity from a standard projection? or is there another way of doing this. This is going to be critical for future implementations.
Thanks in Advance!

Malik

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@rumeshk, thought of page designer as well, but that leaves the doors unlocked with the curtains pulled :). This is still leave the access to the views (or tables) which contain sensitive data. Especially, with Bank Account details, Salary (Compensation) of Employees etc… I strongly believe R&D should provide a solid solution :).

Badge

I am thinking use page designer to remove the element for payment info and have a context configuration control visibility based on the logged on user. Also use entity actions to lock any CRUD via the permission set.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey Bro!
From what I experienced, is you can remove CRUD (Create, Remove, Update, Delete) not view access.

Were you able to sort this out?

Regards,

Malik

Badge

Hi Malik, 

Long time no see!  You should be able to do this under ‘Entity Action Grants”.

Give this a go: Go to your permission set, goto projections and then use Action grants to grant/revoke changes on the payment method.

Regards

Rumesh