Report rule email- Attachment name

• 18 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Superhero (Partner)
  • 663 replies

Hi All,

I’m trying to setup a report rule with action Email and noticed that the Attachment name  always suffix with a semicolon (;). Is this a bug or is there any naming syntax I missed?

Environment: Apps10 UPD 5

Report rule

attachment name suffix with semicolon

Cheers!

Damith

icon

Best answer by Himasha Abeywickrama 18 November 2019, 11:14

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Damith,

I think the syntax you are using is correct. But I cannot recreate this in UPD6. But I tested only non-special characters. In that scenario this can be a bug. I will try this in UPD5 version as well and update the post. 

Rusiru

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Damith,

Are you seeing a semicolon(;) at the end of ‘To’ field in the action properties window? If you’re seeing one, remove that and try again.

Himasha 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Just to add, I couldn’t recreate this either in UPD5 version. Perhaps this only happens in a specific scenario. I think its good to create a case and report to support :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Damith,

Are you seeing a semicolon(;) at the end of ‘To’ field in the action properties window? If you’re seeing one, remove that and try again.

Himasha 

Hi @Himasha Kapugeekiyanage ,

Thanks for the tip. I check the Property list in Actions overview and noticed the semicolon appended at end of AttchmentName. I removed it and then Attachment name was fine!

We can live with it but it’s not sustainable solution since any change do in the Edit Action Properties dialog will add the semicolon back to the AttchmentName 😉

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi@Himasha Kapugeekiyanage ,

Thanks for the tip. I check the Property list in Actions overview and noticed the semicolon appended at end of AttchmentName. I removed it and then Attachment name was fine!

We can live with it but it’s not sustainable solution since any change do in the Edit Action Properties dialog will add the semicolon back to the AttchmentName 😉

Thanks again!

Hi Damith,

Like @Rusiru said, it’s better to create a case and report to support since it’s hard to tell the reason behind this behavior.

I hope the workaround works for the time being!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I had the exact same issue today. This fix worked for me. Thanks @Himasha Kapugeekiyanage!