Solved

Persistent - Custom Field - Data Type Text

• 24 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

IFS community, greetings

Following the creation of a custom field type persistent and data type "Text",

I am unable to enter a value into the field. It is actually grayed out.

Do you have any idea why the custom field is behaving in this manner? Text cannot be entered.

I do not believe it is a security issue as I am using the AO account.

Note is my TEXT custom field.   For more information, please refer to the screenshot (see below)  

icon

Best answer by Hans Andersen 24 June 2022, 08:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,

RMB on the window and launch “Properties”. In the “Read Only” tab is the respective custom field checked ?

If so, untick and re-load the configuration.
Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Bhagya Wickramasinghe 

Thank you for your prompt response.

Before I posted the question, I checked that possibility. Previously, it had not been checked.

I am still unable to enter text into the text area because it is grayed out.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@ZTC ZTC JGOTA ,

This window is read-only for all fields. All changes have to done with RMB or elsewhere.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Hans Andersen 

Thank you for your response.

Now it makes sense.

However, why does the application allow the creation of persistent fields? The application should only allow read-only fields to be created.

In the past, when you attempted to create a custom field for view-only pages, IFS displayed a large text string indicating "View Only Page". 

Thank you very much, @Hans Andersen  for your prompt response.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

However, why does the application allow the creation of persistent fields? The application should only allow read-only fields to be created.

The LU ‘InventoryPartInStock’ allow persistent CF’s. You can edit them through code. Just not in this window.

E.g. make a RMB that transfer to a CLU. There you can type in a value for you CF. On save, fire an event that copy the value back to InventoryPartInStock.