Solved

ORA Error while entering a Customer Order - before and after reboot

• 18 November 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 31 replies

We have a user that is getting an ORA error while entering a Customer Order - specifically while entering Customer Order Lines, for a particular customer. It is occurring before AND after an exit/computer reboot: 

The error details are: 

Server error messages:

0dd0556b-15c5-4408-a1f1-b234995edbdf

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: ORA-00603: ORACLE server session terminated by fatal error

Failed executing statement (ORA-00603: ORACLE server session terminated by fatal error

ORA-21779: duration not active)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.ParseErrorHeader(FndBuffer buffer, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.UnMarshalResponseHeader(Stream responseStream, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync)

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLSelectCommandReader.Read(Boolean prepare)

at Ifs.Fnd.Data.ADONetProvider.FndAPCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

I was not able to duplicate the error, keying a same order on another user’s machine. I cleared her local user folder: appdata\local\apps\2.0 

Anyone have any other suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by Joy 19 November 2019, 22:50

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Now, the user is getting this error: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Joy,

Could you try following solution in user’s PC?

This will clear the .NET DLL cache on the offending computer. 

In order to do that
1. Log in to the offending machine.
2. Close all the opened click once applications (IFS) on that machine.
3. Open a command prompt
4. Run the command: rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache
5. Wait few minutes. (Even though the command returns within a second, it is running in the background)

Hope that helps!

Himasha

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Himasha, 

Thank you! I will try that. 

I appreciate the response!

Joy

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Joy,

If the issue still exists even after actions suggested by @Himasha Kapugeekiyanage, try the following actions.

• Take a backup of the user’s personal profile and keep it somewhere safe
  • Then clear the personal profile and restart the client
  • Check whether the issue still exists, if yes it's better you create a case for IFS Support for further investigation

/Savinda

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Please get a DBA to check the database Oracle alert log and see if this error has been continuously reported in the alert log, also please check the session cached value (session_cached_instantiations).

This can be checked by querying the database “Show parameter session_cached_instantiations”

The above parameter in the database must be increased accordingly if this error keeps occurring repeated for users and this has no negative impact on the environment.

So the parameter change should happen as follows (check the value of the open cursors and increase it by 1),

_session_cached_instantiations = <open_cursors+1>

- OR -

At the instance level, issue:

alter system set "_session_cached_instantiations"= <open_cursors+1> scope=spfile;

where a value must be entered for <open_cursors+1>”

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you, everyone! 

I cleared the .NET DLL yesterday afternoon, and the user has not reported the issue since. However, I will refer back to these other suggestions should it recur.

Thanks again!

Joy

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Another way to fix this is to:

1. Log out of IFS
  2.  Delete the 2.0 folder in the following location on the offending PC C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Apps

3.Relog into IFS and this will download all of the necessary files again (bear in mind every new screen the user goes to, they will have to wait a few seconds for the files to download)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you, CallumW - I did clear the local 2.0 app cache first thing. I appreciate the feedback! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Another way to fix this is to:

1. Log out of IFS
  2.  Delete the 2.0 folder in the following location on the offending PC C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Apps

3.Relog into IFS and this will download all of the necessary files again (bear in mind every new screen the user goes to, they will have to wait a few seconds for the files to download)

Hi CallumW, Himasha already gave the hint to issue this command: rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache

This deletes the files you are pointing on via CMD console.