Question

ODBC in IFS Cloud

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello, 

is it possible to create an ODBC connection which can be used in EXCEL to access data from IFS Cloud?

Our IFS Cloud server runs on premise and  I added the TESTPDB IFS instance the same way like APPS9 (see screenshot).

Unfortunately, it does not work. Are there any technical limitations?

Thanks, 

Golo

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Search the community for this topic, it has been covered in other posts like this one

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @golo.naito,

With IFS Cloud, if you need to connect to the database directly with ODBC for data extraction you would probably need to connect using a oracle account such as IFSDBREADONLY. Normal end users will not have Oracle accounts that you can use as they are maintained in IAM rather than as Oracle users. 

Cheers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks everyone for the comments. I searched the community, but it didn’t really answer my question as our IFS Cloud runs on premise on our own servers and not on a cloud server.

I eventually made it work by installing the latest ODBC drivers and adding a Tnsnames.ora file which configures the database addresses.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Did someone try to create service user and establish connection through ODBC using Oauth authorization?