Solved

Mutating table vs BPA

• 27 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Hi,

As many of you, I faced the mutating table issue when doing custom events. I wondered if and how the new BPA would be a solution. Asynchonous continuations options hereunder seem to offer possibilities, but first wanted to hear from insiders of BPA and mutating tables.

icon

Best answer by durette 27 September 2021, 17:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

BPA runs at the client side, right, inside the browser? That means it won’t have this issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Wonderful news !

Badge +4

Hi, that is exactly what  am seaching for. Is it may possible that you provide an simple Example. In my Case i wanted to update the Field Calc_Rounding to 3 in Inventory Part when the part has a specified unit Mesurure (KG, m, m2, l) has been Saved.

So i created an Event but with the Event Update Action i am getting the Mutation error. I solved it now that i call a Background Job but i would love to do it by Workflow. 

I just started within Academy for Workflow Designer but unfortunatelly only 1 Example is in there about a notification and creating a state.

Can you may help me how my example above can be solved via Wokflow designer?

Thanks Stefan

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@Stefan Frey Bytics Group Happy to guide you with one BPMN file attached (please remove the .txt extension because the .bpmn format is not supported by Community). This workflow updates a custom field Cf$_Tailno  from a specific datasource once a maintenance order is created. In your case, it will be easier because you default a value on a certain condition, but don’t require to get the input as we’ve done. Enjoy !

Badge +4

Thank you soo much. This is perfectly written afn i will definitely try. One Post of greatness about Networking together in Community. Thanks and Happy christmas and a happy new Year!

Badge +4

Hi again - i am really sorry. I downloaded your File - removed TXT so that it is a bpmn File and i uploaded it into a New Workflow. Unfortunately when i go to design the Workflow do not show anything. Any idea what i am doing wrong? Thanks again - Stefan

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Back when I trained myself in an IFS21R1 environment I made a download of a prepared workflow design including some steps. I just tried to upload the bpmn file by creating a new Workflow and next using the Upload function. Is allows me to select the bpmn file from local storage and according to system all worked well.

However after opening the design, a blank page. So similar as @Stefan Frey Bytics Group 7 months ago. I have the idea that the version is not included in the IFS21R1 backup and that causes a problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Although the loaded bpmn gives me a blank workflow designer page, only a starting element, I dived in the bpmn from a textual point of view and try to understand it from another angle. I do see two variables:

<camunda:inputParameter name="ifsBpaProjectionParameters">
            <camunda:map>
              <camunda:entry key="PartNo">${TopPartNo}</camunda:entry>
              <camunda:entry key="SerialNo">${TopSerialNo}</camunda:entry>
            </camunda:map>
          </camunda:inputParameter>

What I try to understand is: where do these parameters (to read the custom LU) TopPartNo and TopSerialNo come from?

Are they manually prepared in the event to bypass the old:Part_no or new:Part_no format of an event of fields that we want to control or work with?