Modify existing navigator entry in Aurena

• 10 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Superhero (Partner)
  • 669 replies

Hi All,

I have a new lobby which needs to be loaded instead of standard My Self Service lobby.

Seems the page is not editable in Navigator editor. Is this a limitation and is there any other way to to this?

Regards,

Damith

icon

Best answer by LakmaliRD 15 March 2021, 09:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Damith,

The "page" property in the navigator designer is not editable for CORE entries. The reason for not enabling CORE entries to be modified in the CONFIGURATION layer is the maintainability. It will not be possible for RnD to continuously deliver new updates if the CORE layer is modified in the CONFIG layer. Instead of trying to edit the CORE entry, you can use the Navigator designer to hide the CORE entry and add new entries as desired in the configuration layer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Rusiru,

Thanks for the reply.

It’s not clear for me your explanation with relation to the CORE and CONFIGURATION layers :| Please correct me here.

I have created a new context and doing my modifications. I guess the new context is the CONFIGURATION layer and Global context is the CORE layer?

Under the new context, I expect it should be possible to change the navigator as we want and RnD updates only applied to the Global context so the custom context won’t be affected.

Adding new item is not feasible since then we need to recreate all sub entries under the node.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Damith,

Yes, there is a little confusion here. There is an ongoing discussion with PD regarding this but this is how the navigator designer is currently designed. You would need to stay with this behavior at least on the current UPD. See solution 289077 for more update. Or you can send a case to support and there we can keep you updated of any news. 

Userlevel 7

@dsj I added an idea on the IdeaWall for this a while back. If you have access it’d be great if you could jump on there and add a comment to show that it’s something we need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks @anmise and @Rusiru ,

I’ve upvoted the idea and hope RnD will provide a solution soon.

Strange thing is that if you do small change to label, add the navigator context to ACP, export it, the lobby page is also included in the exported NavigatorConfiguration-CONTEXT.xml file.

You ‘can’ modify it and import will change to the new lobby in the custom context.

But I will not proceed with this approach since it’s not meant to change from navigator editor and local changes to ACP content is really a bad idea. So we’ll wait for RnD.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Rusiru , @dsj , @anmise 

This is now corrected on  IFS Cloud 21R1 . For Apps 10, the correction will be available in UPD 12.

Userlevel 7

@Rusiru , @dsj , @anmise 

This is now corrected on  IFS Cloud 21R1 . For Apps 10, the correction will be available in UPD 12.

Thanks, I tested it on Cloud 21R1 and it works fine.