Solved

Migrating Demand Planner Server from Windows Server 2008 to 2012

• 25 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

I am trying to migrate Apps 8 Demand Planner Server (DPS) from WS 2008 to 2012 R2. I checked IFS Platform Documentation and DPS is certified to run on WS 2012 R2.

However, I am getting the following error trying to launch the ForecastServer.exe to configure the DPS Service on WS 2012 -

Has anyone come across this issue and how can I get past this to install the DP Server?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Srikanth 6 April 2020, 15:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Srikanth,

I maybe missing it but I did not see an error message in your post.   We currently use IFS Application 8 and demand planner server on a Windows 2012 R2 server.  When we ran the server executable to configure it we ran it from a command window with elevated privileges of Administrator.    Basically RMB on the command window icon and choose run as Administrator.  

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Thanks WIlliam.

This is a Windows Compatibility error:

This app can’t run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher.

I think we tried launching the EXE using CMD run as Admin but I will try this again and keep you posted. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

William,

Still throwing the same error. We also tried running it in a Windows Compatibility mode, but same error.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi Srikanth,

We’re running this version of the forecast server.  All our files are dated 10/3/2014.   I’m assuming you are running a newer version than us because you date on the files is 7/27/2017.   I’m wondering if IFS added something in a newer version that broke Windows 2012 R2 support.  If you haven’t done so already I think I would submit a case with IFS they may have a newer version that corrects the issue.

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Demand Plan client is version 3.1.1.14 & Server is showing 3.0.0. Same as above.

We are in the process of opening a case and will post further updates.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

It turns out the initial Demand Planner install files were corrupt and hence showing 0 KB in size (see first screenshot).

Once Demand Planner was reinstalled we could proceedfurther.

Thank you for your inputs.