Solved

Materialized View On IFS

• 2 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

How can i create materilized view on IFS Developer Studio or i shouldn’t?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Himasha Abeywickrama 2 December 2019, 14:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ridvanyazici,

A materialized view in Oracle is a database object that contains the results of a query. They are local copies of data located remotely, or are used to create summary tables based on aggregations of a table's data. You can create a materialized view in IFS Developer Studio by opening an empty PLSQL file by clicking on File → New File → Select PLSQL on the left side window → Select Empty PLSQL file on the right side window.

You can write the logic on the file and deploy directly to the database from there. I’ll attach a sample materialized view to get an idea.

Himasha

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Himasha Kapugeekiyanage ,

I decided to use IAL objects.It works for my intention.

Thank you for your helpfull responses.

ridvan.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Himasha Kapugeekiyanage ,

First of all thank you for the answer.

But i wonder that is there a syntax  to generate apv file for the materialized view in the  file

with .views extension.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ridvanyazici,

You can include the materialized view in either core or Extension/Localization or Customization views file and the code generator will produce database deployable apv file which include the materialized view. For more information, you can refer the Code Generation section in Foundation1 documentation.

IFS Development Guide/Core Server/Base Server Development/Development Concepts/Code Generation

Himasha

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Sorry,

A accidently choose the best answer and  i couldnt remove it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sorry,

A accidently choose the best answer and  i couldnt remove it.

Hi - I’ve removed it for you. Just mark the best answer again when you’re ready.