Solved

Lobby time out error

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

A query is taking more than 1 minute to execute.as a result lobby element is showing a timeout error(as shown below), is there any possibility to increase the refresh timing of IFS lobby page? If yes.. please guide me.. Thanks in advance. 

note: IFS 9 -lobby

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 19 May 2021, 01:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @proharikg,

Something that might be useful related to your query,

Cheers!

Novishan

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @proharikg,

These as well,

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @proharikg,

To increase the refresh interval of a lobby page, you can do following:

1. Go to Lobby Overview page in IEE. 
  2. Click on the padlock icon on top right. This will enable a cogwheel icon. 
  3. Click on the cogwheel icon. This will open a dialog box. 
  4. In the dialog box you can set the refresh interval as below from the Data section. 

Although this probably might not help your case as your data source might need some optimization if it is taking over a minute to fetch data. 1 minute is too long for a lobby element as far as I know. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @proharikg,

4. In the dialog box you can set the refresh interval as below from the Data section. 

Although this probably might not help your case as your data source might need some optimization if it is taking over a minute to fetch data. 1 minute is too long for a lobby element as far as I know. 

The OP is asking about a query taking longer than 1 minute, not about auto refresh interval.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

A query is taking more than 1 minute to execute.as a result lobby element is showing a timeout error(as shown below), is there any possibility to increase the refresh timing of IFS lobby page? If yes.. please guide me.. Thanks in advance. 

The setting is in Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings file. Look for Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings_sample in the installation directory and modify its content and then rename it to Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings. We have lobbies that run complex calculations, and with many optimizations and offline data tables, it still can clock closer to 60 seconds, but in your case it might be possible to tweak a few things and get the results to display in a shorter amount time. This is always the best option than increasing the timeout delay. Check if you can use IAL views with snapshot data, and using more efficient joins instead of PL/SQL functions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @proharikg,

The OP is asking about a query taking longer than 1 minute, not about auto refresh interval.

If you think about the question “is there any possibility to increase the refresh timing of IFS lobby page?

the more suitable answer would be what’s noted above. 

However, the setting in the  Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings can be used to resolve the problem with the query timing out after 1 minute (Default setting for a lobby element) as long as the auto-refresh interval gives a buffer for the query to complete.

However, the key values in Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings will only work for IEE client as far as I’m aware. Since the question is for APPS9, the setting can be used. 

The key value referred in the  Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings is   timeoutLobbyElement . 

<!-- Sets the timeout in milliseconds to wait before the request times out for server calls from an IFS Lobby element. Default if not specified here is 60000. For Infinite use -1 -->
    <!-- <add key="timeoutLobbyElement" value="60000" /> -->

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @proharikg,

If you think about the question “is there any possibility to increase the refresh timing of IFS lobby page?

However, the setting in the  Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings can be used to resolve the problem with the query timing out after 1 minute (Default setting for a lobby element) as long as the auto-refresh interval gives a buffer for the query to complete.

However, the key values in Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings will only work for IEE client as far as I’m aware. Since the question is for APPS9, the setting can be used. 

The key value referred in the  Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings is   timeoutLobbyElement . 

<!-- Sets the timeout in milliseconds to wait before the request times out for server calls from an IFS Lobby element. Default if not specified here is 60000. For Infinite use -1 -->

Thank you ..

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

The setting is in Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings file. Look for Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings_sample in the installation directory and modify its content and then rename it to Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings. We have lobbies that run complex calculations, and with many optimizations and offline data tables, it still can clock closer to 60 seconds, but in your case it might be possible to tweak a few things and get the results to display in a shorter amount time. This is always the best option than increasing the timeout delay. Check if you can use IAL views with snapshot data, and using more efficient joins instead of PL/SQL functions.

Thank you ...

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @proharikg,

@Kasun Balasooriya I have similar issue, my lobby elements are not on ‘Auto Refresh’. I am getting following.  very basic question but not sure how to access Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings and increase timings. can you please elaborate this for me. bundle of thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The better question to ask is ‘Why is my lobby element taking > 60 seconds to refresh?’  :grinning:

We’ve had similar problems and the answer usually lies in the efficiency of the underlying view/query

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

A sidekick from me, who have worked many years with performance tuning: SQL statements that runs slow AND frequent is a very good way to slow down the overall system performance. Users all over the place will suffer. Be careful and tune on,

-Mats

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

If Lobby objects are taking a long time to refresh it might be a good idea to create a program to create summary data for fast response. We wanted to see sales performance over different quarters of the year for each sales person against certain sales groups. With many millions of order lines per year it was taking a long time to generate results in the lobby objects and we got timeouts. So we’ve written a background job to produce summary data into a custom table each night. The data is only accurate up to the end of the previous day but the result is lightening fast lobby objects. This is all fairly straight forward and produced good results. Just a suggestion really but it worked for us. .