Solved

Lobby Overview is not visible in Cloud 21r2 environment

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

Lobby overview is not visible in navigator panel.

It is not hidden in Navigator designer. Is this a permission issue?
IFS_ALL is already granted.

/Malan Jayanka

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 14 May 2022, 12:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Malan Jayanka,

Please check whether the user has LobbyConfiguration projection granted through some permission set as mentioned in Lobby designer security documentation. You can find the documentation here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/040_tailoring/250_lobby_configurations/060_security/

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Malan,  just checked whether the relevant lobby -system parameters are properly enabled. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Malan,  just checked whether the relevant lobby -system parameters are properly enabled. 

Hi Ranuka
Do we have any document to access those system parameters in Aurena?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Malan Jayanka,

Please check whether the user has LobbyConfiguration projection granted through some permission set as mentioned in Lobby designer security documentation. You can find the documentation here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r1/040_tailoring/250_lobby_configurations/060_security/

Hope this helps!

This is resolved with this docs

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I just don't get it. I have a manager in the company that I gave only access to Project Definition. Next to this I want to give read access to a number of lobby pages.

The above gives me the idea to grant access to the LobbyConfiguration projection.

Yes that works, but also allows the end user to create, update and delete the given lobby pages.

That is way to much access.

Why is it so hard to prepare a separate projection handler that only allows access via Lobby Page Overview and next access to certain lobbies can be given via a permission set.

Working with IFS21R2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @eqbstal,

I just don't get it. I have a manager in the company that I gave only access to Project Definition. Next to this I want to give read access to a number of lobby pages.

The above gives me the idea to grant access to the LobbyConfiguration projection.

Yes that works, but also allows the end user to create, update and delete the given lobby pages.

That is way to much access.

Why is it so hard to prepare a separate projection handler that only allows access via Lobby Page Overview and next access to certain lobbies can be given via a permission set.

Working with IFS21R2.

A fix is coming for this. According to the information I have, following is the plan.

Product Development team has added a new entry to “My administration” node in the navigator called “My Lobbies“ to provide a read-only list of all the lobbies granted to the logged-in user. It will be available to any user who has at least FND_WEBENDUSER_MAIN permission set granted. For admin users, who have access to lobby configuration projections, the solution manager entries will also be available as designer tools.

This new feature is planned to be released in IFS Cloud 22R2.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Charith,

Good to read. Hope that FND_WEBENDUSER_MAIN will change in IFS22R2 as well as that has too much access towards Workflow BPA (in IFS21R2). It allows the user to also maintain the workflows.

I think I have to disappoint the customer at this moment and upgrade asap to IFS22R2.