Solved

lobby data source from more than one view

• 15 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

Scenario:

I need to create a lobby data source where 2 views are involved.

View1- DOC_ISSUE_REFERENCE

View2- PROJECT_BASE

from view1 has project title,

view 2 has project id and manager name

these two view has no relation between them, but I use regexp_substr to sort out view2.project_id from view1.title

and using that project id I fetch the manager.

Since lobby data source can only use one view, I have implemented this using IAL.

Query:

select a.*, b.manager from DOC_ISSUE_REFERENCE a, PROJECT_BASE b
 where 
 b.project_id = REGEXP_SUBSTR (a.title,'(\S*)')

Problem:

I need the result per manager in lobby condition, using lobby datasource. But it is showing an error while clicking lobby element and no data is getting populated, Is there anyway to do this.

Or do I have to create a custom column for manager to solve this issue?

Please Advise...

Thanks in advance

Error 

icon

Best answer by NickPorter 15 June 2021, 22:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Does the query work in SQL Developer, pulling Manager as a field as you would expect?

If you remove the Condition, does sample data pull into the data source, and is Manager one of the fields in the sample data?

If the answers to both questions above are "yes", then the data looks OK and manager is a valid field in that data.

Is there something wrong with the $MANAGER$ field, as in, that is hot what the lobby page parameter is named?

I am not sure what the issue would be if the query works fine without the condition and includes "Manager" as one of the fields...

Thanks,
JoeK

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

If you use the Preview button in the SQL Data Source  section of the Data Dource Designer, does it at least prompt you for a value for MANAGER?

For example, here’s what I see when Previewing one where we have it defined as company = ’$COMPANY$’  in the condition.  When doing a preview it should prompt you for this for testing purposes.  If it doesn’t prompt you it may be a syntactical issue.  If it does prompt you does it  return results or give an error?

If the Preview does give you results, does your Lobby screen actually include MANAGER as a parameter in the drop down list of value(s) at the top of the screen?  If so, is that set with a value?

Lastly, I don’t know how you would be able to run this as a SQL Query data source that uses that as a condition if the data being pulled doesn’t have that field available to it.  So in that sense I have to assume that your view includes a field called MANAGER.

Nick

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Does the query work in SQL Developer, pulling Manager as a field as you would expect?

If you remove the Condition, does sample data pull into the data source, and is Manager one of the fields in the sample data?

If the answers to both questions above are "yes", then the data looks OK and manager is a valid field in that data.

Is there something wrong with the $MANAGER$ field, as in, that is hot what the lobby page parameter is named?

I am not sure what the issue would be if the query works fine without the condition and includes "Manager" as one of the fields...

Thanks,
JoeK

Thank you..

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

If you use the Preview button in the SQL Data Source  section of the Data Dource Designer, does it at least prompt you for a value for MANAGER?

For example, here’s what I see when Previewing one where we have it defined as company = ’$COMPANY$’  in the condition.  When doing a preview it should prompt you for this for testing purposes.  If it doesn’t prompt you it may be a syntactical issue.  If it does prompt you does it  return results or give an error?

If the Preview does give you results, does your Lobby screen actually include MANAGER as a parameter in the drop down list of value(s) at the top of the screen?  If so, is that set with a value?

Lastly, I don’t know how you would be able to run this as a SQL Query data source that uses that as a condition if the data being pulled doesn’t have that field available to it.  So in that sense I have to assume that your view includes a field called MANAGER.

Nick

Thank you..

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hello @NickPorter  ,

this is great thank you , but i have a question at this momen , can we remove parameter in the drop down list of value(s) at the top of the screen ?