Solved

Is it possible to add custom field to a List of view?

• 19 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello Community,

I was wondering if it is possible to add an existing custom field into a list of values?

For example:

When creating a Material requisition, I would like to add a Part No using the “List of Value” for Part No. I am wondering if I could add an existing custom field in the window. (See Screenshot) .

Could you please add screenshots to your answer?

and I would like the custom field be searchable . I  would like to see the custom field when I click on configure .

Thanks

JL

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 23 November 2021, 14:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA  

and I would like the custom field be searchable . I  would like to see the custom field when I click on configure .

You can make your field searchable for this. This can only be done from custom field configuration wizard. Therefore RMB on the relevant custom field from Custom Fields window and select edit to get the wizard. 

Once synchronized, you can add it to the search dialog of that particular LU.

I was wondering if it is possible to add an existing custom field into a list of values?

For example:

When creating a Material requisition, I would like to add a Part No using the “List of Value” for Part No. I am wondering if I could add an existing custom field in the window. (See Screenshot) .

Could you please add screenshots to your answer?

I am not entirely sure about this. You can try including the view relevant for the LOV in Approved Detail Views. 

In the example you have given, the LOV view is INVENTORY_PART_LOV_MRP(you can find it by keeping the debug console open while clicking on the LOV button), which is under InventoryPart LU.

Furthermore there is a checkbox named “LOV” as well, for each custom field. You can try checking that too. You don’t need to open the wizard like above to check this.

Hope this helps!