Question

invalid input length for obfuscation toolkit Database error occurred. Contact administrator. undefined

• 25 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi I created a Quick report in IFS CLOUD which was executing earlier and off late it started giving the following error when I enabled the debug console and checked the error.  

when I searched this error the following are pointing to encrption and decryption of process. Wish to get some help from Forum members on how to get this resolved  Thanks

DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT - Ask TOM (oracle.com)

The quick report is fetching information regarding payroll. The IFS packages are using  DBMS_Obfuscation_Toolkit functions that needs some fixes 

(Server Error) invalid input length for obfuscation toolkit Database error occurred. Contact administrator. undefined(Server Error) invalid input length for obfuscation toolkit Database error occurred. Contact administrator. undefined

Request IFS to check the above function calls in all packages related to salary , payroll , credit cards

2 replies

Badge +5

Hello Rakpadma,

did you find any solution for this issue? I am facing similar error in 22R2 SU2 - 

“ERROR - ?: (Server Error) invalid input length for obfuscation toolkit  “ while accessing  page “Employee Salary Information”. The same happening when accessing Compensation in the Employee File.

Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Jiri

what I found is that if the  salary field  is having more than 2 decimals this error happens. For now I am filtering that employee's data from my query. This is just a workaround but honestly I am still not sure how to solve this problem. 

If some new employee is added with salary information running into more than 2 decimals than  my query needs change again.