Solved

'insufficient privileges' error while searching in a form window

• 30 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Community,

I face below error while searching in a window in test environment, please help how to resolve this.

Things I have done:   

1. Cross checked every permission set with prod of user where this error is not present.
  2. checked Every check box of API( API in system info) is checked in in new permission set window

details of error message:

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Imal Thiunuwan 30 June 2021, 12:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @proharikg ,

If this is APPS10, could you please try below steps?

a. Log into the “IFS Middleware Server Admin Console” as “ifs” user.
b. Then navigate into Main Cluster -> Data Sources -> Control 
C. Click on the ‘Plsql-Access’ row and click ‘Restart’

d. After that, restart the application.​​​ and check if the issue is still available.

• Impact of performing the restart: This will refresh the connection pool. And there will be no impact for the ongoing users/session. The process will refresh only the available connections.

In Apps9, you need to follow the same steps for the data source value.

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @proharikg ,

If this is APPS10, could you please try below steps?

a. Log into the “IFS Middleware Server Admin Console” as “ifs” user.
b. Then navigate into Main Cluster -> Data Sources -> Control 
C. Click on the ‘Plsql-Access’ row and click ‘Restart’

d. After that, restart the application.

• Impact of performing the restart: This will refresh the connection pool. And there will be no impact for the ongoing users/session. The process will refresh only the available connections.

In Apps9, you need to follow the same steps for the data source value.

Cheers!

Hi Imal,

thank you for this new method to me.

Current issue is in app 9.

I have resolved it by giving access user to the view..

Suggest whether is this ok nor not..?

now it is working fine

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @proharikg ,

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Since the issue was resolved after providing required permissions, I think that is not related to a data source issue (user sessions issue) 🙂 If you get such issue in future, kindly try the steps that I mentioned above as well (If you cannot figure out the exact error). Those steps can be used if there are no known errors with user sessions in the Database end but in the IEE.

Hope this is clear with you :)

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello @proharikg ,

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Since the issue was resolved after providing required permissions, I think that is not related to a data source issue (user sessions issue) 🙂 If you get such issue in future, kindly try the steps that I mentioned above as well (If you cannot figure out the exact error). Those steps can be used if there are no known errors with user sessions in the Database end but in the IEE.

Hope this is clear with you :)

Cheers!

Sure Imal,

Thank you so much for the help

Regards,

Hari