Solved

Incident Object Connection

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We are implementing the Incident Reporting module and will be attaching work orders to incidents.  I have added the IncidentObjectConnection^ string to the WorkOrder LU in the Object Connections list and am able select work orders from the Connected To tab in the Incident screen.  However when I right click on the work order on the Connected To tab I am not seeing the Object Details… option on the pop-up menu to jump to the work order screen, any suggestions on what may be causing this?

While running a trial of the incident module in our RACE environment this functionality worked as expected, we just can’t seem to get the Object Details piece to work in our test environment.

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 27 August 2021, 00:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scottjriley 

Do you see the values in the Object Key column in the Connected To tab ?

Could you try refreshing the object connection cache ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I do see the values in the Object Key column.  I had not thought of refreshing the cache, I just did that but get the same results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Can you put a screen capture of the related object connection you have defined in the Object connections screen ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Sure, here it is….

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sure, here it is….

Sorry, which line of the above object connections records is the one you have created for your requirement ? Hope it’s not the first one (highlighted record) ?

Additionally, could you let me know also, to which screen (Prepare Work Order/ Historical Work Order etc..) you are going to navigate through the Object Details option on the Connected To tab ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sorry, which line of the above object connections records is the one you have created for your requirement ? Hope it’s not the first one (highlighted record) ?

Additionally, could you let me know also, to which screen (Prepare Work Order/ Historical Work Order etc..) you are going to navigate through the Object Details option on the Connected To tab ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

My apologies, I should have narrowed that search a bit more.  The WorkOrder LU is the target here, which is where I originally placed the IncidentObjectConnection string.  I recently added it to the ActiveWorkOrder and HistoricalWorkOrder as well just to do some testing and see if that may have an impact, 

Here’s a cleaner screenshot of what I’m actually trying to do:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scottjriley ,

You can try changing the logical unit to either ActiveSeparate or HistoricalSeparate (and also the relevant views for those LUs), if you want to navigate to the Prepare Work Order or Historical Work Order screens from the Object Details option.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Using ActiveSeparate seems to work well, my only concern with that is when the work order is finished it will move to HistoricalSeparate and the  connection is broken.  Can the Object Connection Transormation process be used in this scenario?  (I’ve not done anything with the transformations before…...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scottjriley ,

I just tried the same object connection definition you have tried with the LU WorkOrder, and it worked for me. I think the suitable one is the LU WorkOrder as you have created originally. Then, with the Object Details, it goes to the Work Orders overview screen, and when clicked on the Show Details option in that screen, it goes to the Historical Work Order or Prepare Work Order, based on the availability of the record on either the screen.

It’s bit strange why it does not work in your environment.

Regarding the Object Connection Transformation (OCT), it actually does not add another object to the target LU, so in this case, if we define a OCT rule to transform an Incident from ActiveSeparate to HistoricalSeperate, the incident added to ActiveSeparate will transform to the HistoricalSeparate, so that incident can be seen in the Attachment panel in the Historical Work Order also, but still you will not be able to go to the Object details from the Connected To tab in the Incident screen if it is a historical work order.

Since the original object connection you have defined (for LU WorkOrder) seems to be working for your requirement, it’s better to trying finding the reason why it is not showing Object Details in your environment, and resolve that problem.

Can you trying deleting the existing object connection for LU WorkOrder in your TEST environment, and re-entering it and trying after refreshing object connection cache and restarting the application ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I agree, I would much rather find the root of why the Object Details is not working for the WorkOrder LU.  I performed the steps you suggested and still get the same results….

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scottjriley ,

what is the version of the application you are testing this in ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

We are on Apps 10 UPD 9

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @scottjriley ,

Unfortunately I couldn’t find an environment with UPD9. I tested this in UPD8 and UPD10, and it works well.

However, I wonder this to be an access issue.

Have you tested the above by logging as the application owner ?

Thanks,

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks for that suggestion, I had not considered permission issues since it’s working with other LUs (like ActiveSeparate and HistoricalSeparate).  However that appears to be the issue because once I logged in as the app owner as you suggested it works as expected.  I’ll track down what permissions are missing for the WorkOrder LU and correct that.  Thank you for all of you suggestions and assistance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@scottjriley , happy to hear that it worked.. please let me know if you are struggling to find the permissions.

As I noticed, the presentation object for that LU was tbwAllWorkOrder

Thanks,