Solved

Impossible to modify a persistent field

• 23 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello to all,

I have created a custom field for the header of the "Staged Billing Profile" screen.
The field is of persistent type but I can't insert/modify its value.

Is it possible that the header is read-only? How can I disable this read-only feature?
Thank you for your help! 

icon

Best answer by Piumi Rubasinghe 24 November 2021, 13:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Theo,

Do you have insert/Modify grants to the rest of the fields in the Staged Billing Profile? 

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Kasun Balasooriya, 

In the Staged Billing Profile header, all standard fields are read-only.

For your information, using the PL/SQL procedure "Cf_Modify__", I can change the value of my custom field.

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Theo,

Please check the grants on  the presentation object frmStagedBilling. If you have been granted the pres

object with query permissions, you will only have read only grants to the field. You will need to grant the pres object fully to be able to insert/modify.  

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hello @TheoB,

You may already have seen that logical unit of the ‘Staged Billing Profile’ window is CustomerOrderLine. So all of your custom fields will added to CustomerOrderLine LU. you can insert values to your custom fields from Customer Order> Order Lines tab or Customer Order Lines table window. Then that value will be visible in ‘Staged Billing Profile’ window.

I suspect that ‘Staged Billing Profile’ window is only for data representation purpose.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Piumi Rubasinghe and @Kasun Balasooriya,

Thanks for your help!
So I'm going to fill in my values from the "Customer order" screen.

Have a nice day!