Solved

IFS10 IEE SSO Azure remove Microsoft pop up window

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi,

We have gone live with IFS10 UPD17 4 weeks ago.

Users are asking if we can avoid having to select a Microsoft account (by default we only have one account) every time you want to logon in IFS IEE.

This pop up windows appears after clicking in the hyperlink for IFS IEE, please see hyperlink below and Microsoft pop up message. 

Many thanks

Miguel

https://ifs.naturalpower.com/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application

icon

Best answer by CallumW 25 May 2022, 23:58

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi,

When launching the application hold the <SHIFT> key.

This will open an additional window in which you have to select the option ‘Use Single Sign-on’

Callum

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @CallumW ,

Excellent, that has worked !, many thanks

Miguel

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

​​​@CallumW  ,  do you know if there are any install scripts or server configurations we can apply to automate this change?  it would be easier if we just centrally apply this rather than have everyone do manually. 

Many thanks

Miguel

Badge

Hi,
We have about 500 users that are using the IEE client; then how do we enforce this ‘Single-signon’  setting as pre-configured settings for all the users in a distributed manner ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@swmyoga 

Logon to the application server and create a delivery folder like this

Delivery\client\runtime

Copy the file <ifs_home>\repository\client\runtime\Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings_sample (if you have already have done change to it copy Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings) to Delivery\client\runtime\Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings

Edit the file Delivery\client\runtime\Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings and change the folowing line

<!-- If set to true, the SSO checkbox in the login dialog will be checked automatically. -->
    <!-- <add key="sso" value="false" /> →

to

<!-- If set to true, the SSO checkbox in the login dialog will be checked automatically. -->
    <add key="sso" value="true" /> 

Save it.

Run the Installer and install the newly created delivery (delivery)

Kjell Åge

Badge

Hi Kjell Åge

Could you expand this a bit? I can’t quiet figure out where I should place this folder for this to work?

Should I run the IFS installer again and point to the folder created?

/Danny

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@DannyMalvang After creating the folder containing the file ?:\Delivery\client\runtime\Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.appsettings you execute the installer.cmd and install the delivery. You then point to the ?:\delivery folder as you usually do on a deployment. 

If som users has been logged on and done it manually this setting is stored inside C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage or if you have configured roaming profile in the same appsettings fil it is stored here C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Roaming\IsolatedStorage

Badge

Thank you for the respond, sorry for the long respond time from me, just back from vacation. We should also uncomment the line in the file as well right?

/Danny

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@DannyMalvang yes you have to uncomment it to :)