Solved

IFS REST connector not working with cloud

• 25 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

Does the IFS REST connector work with ifs cloud 21R2? I tried to connect but gives me an error when authenticating using OAuth 2.0. Basic Authentication is not enabled with ifs cloud.

The error I’m getting,

Connection,

Are there any additional configuration needs to do? I have successfully added OAuth configuration and token generation was also successful. If you get back to me with the solution it will be a big help.

Thanks

Roshanga

icon

Best answer by Kasun Balasooriya 27 November 2021, 05:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Roshanga,

Are you running this in a local Atom? If you are using Boomi Cloud Atom and your rest endpoints are 

note exposed to public internet, your cloud atom will not be able to connect. 

Also if you are running a local atom, have a look at this thread as well.

Boomi Connector: IFS Applications REST – Partner | IFS Community

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Kasun,

I can use Postman to connect without an issue which means that endpoints are exposed in public internet. And also im pointing to customer’s use place environment and it is exposed in public internet anyway.

Is there any additional steps or im doing something wrong?

Thanks

Roshanga

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you have provided  the the necessary OAuth 2.0 credentials (e.g. Client ID, Client secret etc.) correctly the connection should work. Just to narrow down whether this is an issue with the Cloud atom, you can try using a local atom. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Again,

I tested this with the OAuth 2.0 with Client Credential flow and I was able to connect without any issues. Here are the steps I followed: 

OAuth2 Config in the Rest Partner connector

Add the URL and since we are using OAuth, you can keep Username and Password blank.

I have setup a IAM client KASBLK-boomi in my  IFS Cloud application and configured the re-direct URIs. The client secret can be obtained from the IAM registration. 

The scope is openid and Access Token URL can be obtained from the openIdConnectUrl under OpenId in the OpenAPI Spec.  

Hope this Helps!

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Kasun,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Imanaged to get pass this authentication error and now hit with an privilege issue when running the integration flow. What is the permission set you have attached the service account user? in your case ‘ifsboomi’. It seems like my service account user does not have access to database.

Thanks

Roshanga

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Kasun,

Thanks a lot for your answer. Imanaged to get pass this authentication error and now hit with an privilege issue when running the integration flow. What is the permission set you have attached the service account user? in your case ‘ifsboomi’. It seems like my service account user does not have access to database.

Thanks

Roshanga

What is the privilege issue you are running into when running the query? Have you granted the projection that you are trying to invoke to the service account? 

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Kasun,

Thanks

Roshanga

What is the privilege issue you are running into when running the query? Have you granted the projection that you are trying to invoke to the service account? 

Thanks,

Kasun

Thanks kasun. issue resolved