Solved

IFS Development tools throwing DPI error

• 11 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Whenever I start the Visual studio in a Remote machine the below error is getting popped up due to which the layout is getting zoomed out and the size of the fields increases, basically the RESX is getting affected for this.

Also I can see that this extra line of code is getting added

Please mention how to resolve this.

icon

Best answer by Envdebjyb 23 April 2023, 15:22

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi @Envdebjyb,

Did you find a solution for the above issue you mentioned? I am facing the same issue and observed the things that you have mentioned in .resx file.

Best Regards,
Manohari

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You get this information message when the scaling in Windows is not set to 100%.

1. RMB on desktop.
  2. Display Settings
  3. Check that you have 100% in the yellow marked setting:

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

You get this information message when the scaling in Windows is not set to 100%.

1. RMB on desktop.
  2. Display Settings
  3. Check that you have 100% in the yellow marked setting:

The problem is we are facing this in REMOTE desktop not in my own system. and this is due to the fact that I switched to a new laptop with 3200*2000 resolution screen.

Also these setting that you mentioned are generally not available or restricted by admin in the remote session. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Then you need to file a case to support so you can change display settings in the remote desktop.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

There seems to be only one solution for this if you are on remote desktop.

1. The older version of remote desktop used to send the DPI scaling value when opening the new Remote screen. But if you change to the newer version of the remote desktop app(Screenshot below) which you can install from Windows store it do not send any DPI scaling data. It seems to works fine for me.
  2. If you are in CxBP then it is good to open through the Chrome browser and not through the Citrix workspace application which in turn again opens the CxBP through the older remote desktop version.
    While opening through chrome browser the DPI scaling values are omitted. 

I hope this helps in solving your issues.

Screenshot for the Remote app that I am using: