Question

IFS Cloud 22R1: Report Designer Report Rule 'Sign PDF'

• 13 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

Do you have any example on how to set up Report Rule ‘Sign PDF’ including how to create/include signature(may be in keystores).

I tried to setup a rule but it gives an error in Print Manager.

Error:
Failed to getFullXML: null Caused by: null

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @GaSoGB ,

You can refer the extensive documentation on adding digital signatures from the below link:

Digital Signatures - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Perhaps the section missing here is steps to set up keystores as explained here:

Keystores & Digital Signatures - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

The keystore are created per user from the IFS application itself by importing the file from the Keystores window in solution manager. Here you can add keystores by importing various files like.pfx, .cer and.key.

Also note the limitation noted here :

Limitations

• Currently, only PDF files can be signed using this approach.
  • Due to a limitation in IFS Connect when calling projections, in 21R2 we still have a limitation where the signatures can only be done as the IFS Connect user. This currently stops us from using personal certificates.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Kasun Balasooriya ,

Unfortunately , your reply does not help. I read IFS Technical Documentation before posting this ,but could not figure out how to configure it or get rid of the unusual error I get.
If you have experience in setting this up successfully, could you share a guideline document.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Update:

Working now.

My report Rule was wrong and there was no value for SignatureReason. After specifying SignatureReason, it works fine.