Question

IFS Apps 9 is slow

• 23 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Community,

Our users are complaining that IFS is running very slow. We checked the background jobs and cannot see any issues. 

We have used Oracle Statspack but it doesnt show any issues as well. 

Please can I know if there are any tools available to monitor both Database and Middleware server to identify any configuration or performance issues?

Best Regards

Asanga  

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @hlhasanga 

Were you able to identify the issue?

We are having similar issues over the past few months. Users experience extreme slowness and IFS System monitoring does not show high CPU or memory usage at that time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @hlhasanga,
I would like to know the following information as well if you are happy to specify (narrow down the scope of the issue).

(1) Is this a performance issue affecting all forms and windows?
(2) Is it specific to set of users or all the users of the IFSAPP9?
(3) Have your isolated the fact that there is no performance drop with direct database queries?

Also I would suggest your the following article;

1. Yes it is affecting all forms in IFS
  2. All users
  3. No we haven't isolated the issue. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @hlhasanga,
I would like to know the following information as well if you are happy to specify (narrow down the scope of the issue).

(1) Is this a performance issue affecting all forms and windows?
(2) Is it specific to set of users or all the users of the IFSAPP9?
(3) Have your isolated the fact that there is no performance drop with direct database queries?

Also I would suggest your the following article;

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@hlhasanga, Below are some areas that can check to isolate the issue.

1.  Check whether it is slow from accessing the application from the server itself?

• Any possible network issues?
  • Slow for all users? General slowness or particular flow is slow?
  1. Check Memory, CPU usage…on the DB/APP servers. (Verify the amount of memory on the server and how much of it that is currently being allocated.)
  • If oracle is getting the high CPU, find the thread that taking high CPU in Oracle and isolate the sessions/sid from the v$session.
  • Identify above background jobs from the Application and investigate it’s previous execution to find any abnormalities.
  • Proceeding to kill the sessions/jobs if any sessions/jobs identified from the above with the proper communication.

3.   Database

DB itself slow?

• Blocked sessions ?
  • Review v$session for suspicious sessions.
  • Check session/processes parameter count.
  • Check whether backup jobs executing ? (RMAN)
  • Get the stats pack report and analyze.
  • Get the AWR report and analyze.

4.  Application Server

• Check whether there are any long running jobs on the application which are holding other jobs. If there are any compare those jobs previous execution for identify any abnormalities.
  • Struck threads in the application server. ? Review thread dump(s) for stuck/waiting threads.
  • Review Managed Server logs for any errors around the time of the problem