Question

IFS app 9 database study

• 9 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

i am trying to understand how finical data is being stored in a database.

User enter Invoices→ databases tables 

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Are these manual invoices or are do they come from a customer order, purchase order, or work order that was invoiced?  It can make a difference.  Also understand that a voucher maybe involved as well.

Do you need tables or views?  Views can be found by turning on the debugger and issuing a query.

Badge +3

Are these manual invoices or are do they come from a customer order, purchase order, or work order that was invoiced?  It can make a difference.  Also understand that a voucher maybe involved as well.

Do you need tables or views?  Views can be found by turning on the debugger and issuing a query.

bascially i am looking for where is data going before reaching to GL of any type of invoice.

is there any sub ledger with payment details of any type of invoices with historical stages of payment

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

That is a bigger issue I think than you realize.  But you need to start in the Invoice_tab table and work backward.  The Party_type and Creator columns tell you the source of the invoice.

Badge +3

is there any detail document by IFS on it ?

i understand i am digging deep without having clear ideas on it

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @yasirB 

Please open System Info where You have LU name. Then go to the Solution Manager\System Information and Utilities\Logical Units\Logical Unit and there You have base table name for that specific LU:

Badge +3

Hi @yasirB 

thanks .. i didt help alot 

but i am looking to dig more deeper , such as i am trying to figure out how GL data is being stored for example from customer orders and payments againist these orders

Please open System Info where You have LU name. Then go to the Solution Manager\System Information and Utilities\Logical Units\Logical Unit and there You have base table name for that specific LU: