Question

IFS 10 XML Error on Time Clock

• 8 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Have a really odd error when using the time clock and reporting quantity complete.  When stopping or closing the selected operation a system exception error comes up stating “Could not find the file ‘TIMCLO_CLOSE_OP_LOV.xml’.”  Does IFS attempt to write local files on the system when doing lookups or is this potentially related to something else?  I’ve checked permissions and those under the time clock itself at least appear to be good.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge +15

Hi @pzkhughes ,

can you please share the error stack or raise a support ticket as the information here are not sufficient to provide an explanation.

Badge +2

I was unable to get any additional details.  The information brought to me originally was a screenshot of the popup error message with the error text above and that it was happening consistently.  I haven’t personally changed any permissions related to the IFS user but I don’t know if other things have changed outside of that.  I would think something must have changed as the user states they are no longer getting the error.

Apologies I am unable to provide any more detail.  It works out that the issue is no longer happening but I would have liked to get to the root cause.  It would be good to know if it was something in IFS that had to be adjusted or if it was potentially a temp file being written and something that had to be corrected outside of IFS.