Solved

IEE Custom that redirects to an Aurena page

• 23 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi! Can anyone help me with this?

A customer have developed a custom inside Business Opportunities form that points to a Aurena survey page (example: https://XXXX.com.br:56090/main/ifsapplications/web/assistant/EmpSurvey/Survey;$id=SurveyId:LAF_COM_DIAGNOSTICO_,CompanyId:01...)

When they open this URL ‘internally (using IEE) we get the error below. when  we try to open it ‘externally’ using our own browser, it opens without any problem.

Is it possible to open Aurena pages inside IEE? We’re running IFS V10 UPD9 and I’ve set Edge and Chrome as default browser (and Aurena is supported by them) and could not solve this problem.

OBS.: Internet Support Center page opens normally inside IEE.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Sandun Madola 25 March 2021, 17:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @AVNELBEBR ,

I tried opening a standard IFS Aurena page within IFS Enterprise Explorer and I received the error below.  I think IFS Enterprise Explorer browser is based on Internet Explorer based on what I’m observing.  We are using IFS Application 10 Update 8 so maybe this has changed in IFS Application 10 Update 10+.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi William! Thank you very much for your reply. I’ve made a test using a IFS V10 UPD10 environment and the problem is still the same. I think it’s because of what you said…. IEE uses IE ‘mechanism’ to open the web pages internally. :(

I think I’ll have to forward it to IFS Local Support so they can assist us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @AVNELBEBR,

This is a limitation of the IFS Enterprise Explorer (IEE), since the IEE web browser functionality uses Internet Explore rendering engine. Hence, almost similar behavior in the Internet Explorer can be visible in IEE.

If you found a URL that doesn’t work in Internet Explorer but works in Chrome browser then the same behaviour can be seen in the IEE.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you very much Sandu!