Question

IAL is not executed

• 13 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have created a tiny IAL and scheduled it for a specific daytime, but nothing happend. Even intervall 1 minutes does not create a background job.

When executing the IAL manually, it works well:

Where can I look at to find out, why there is no background job created?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks, after resetting the “Failed Executions” it works again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

IAL is running for now

I don’t know why it failed in the first place, but it’s a success for now.

I also checked PROD and there is 1 Failed Execution there - also unknown to me why - no error background job there.

I will monitor the running IAL on TEST for errors now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks,

I cant find any IAL Background Job with Status Error

The 2 Failed might come from me breaking the manual run few days ago. Now status is always POSTED, not OK or ERROR.

I have increased the System Parameter to 5 to be sure and scheduled another run for 10:15 am.

I also will copy SQL and create a copy of that IAL

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @flestephs,

As @dsj has pointed out, there are 2 failed executions in your IAL configuration. Please also check the value set for following system parameter. The default value is 0.

Depending on the value of this parameter, it would prevent your IAL from replicating as there are already 2 failed executions. This  parameter is only available in IFSAPP9, if I remember correct.

If your background job still errors out even after setting this parameter, you would have to find the error and fix it first as @dsj has mentioned above.  

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please check the background jobs with Errors for function = IAL_Object_API.Do_Replication__ since the failed execution count is 2 according to your IAL configuration.

Once a IAL replication is failed, update status is set to ERROR.

IAL objects with ERROR status is not picked in the next schedule cycle so that could be the reason for your IAL object to not replicate. Check what’s the error with the job so you’ll find the answer :)

/Damith

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you all for the information.

I have created new test IAL C_TEST with 10 min intervall, it is working.

So basically IAL Backgroundjobs are working:

But the customers IAL (C_TRACE_DOP_FA) that I am investigating is not. Only when executed manually, as shown above, it works - with 3h runtime.

There is no Backgroundjob created at 9 PM for that IAL

Queue config:

System Parameters:

EDIT:

I have recalculated “Next Update Begins” Time - since it missed the last scheduled run, this one got empty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @flestephs,

IAL Replication jobs are dispatched by the Light Cleanup job. Light Cleanup job is usually configured to run once every 10 minutes. Therefore, you won’t see background jobs for IAL Replication every minute even if you schedule it like that. 

Please check the Light Cleanup job and it’s schedule as well. Check whether it is executing without any issues. 

Hope this helps!

In Addition to the Light Cleanup job schedule, you need to have the system parameter Information Access Layer (IAL) replication setup to be ON for the IAL replication to work :)

If you want to run it more frequently than the schedule of cleanup job (i.e, every 1 min as you required), then you can use Scheduled IAL Replication  database task for that.

Schedule the Scheduled IAL Replication task also 1 min interval, so it will check the IALs which needs to be replicated every minute and and update.

Regards,

Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @flestephs,

IAL Replication jobs are dispatched by the Light Cleanup job. Light Cleanup job is usually configured to run once every 10 minutes. Therefore, you won’t see background jobs for IAL Replication every minute even if you schedule it like that. 

Please check the Light Cleanup job and it’s schedule as well. Check whether it is executing without any issues. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Have you looked in the Batch Queue Configuration window to make sure everything looks OK esp. with regards to IAL-Queue? Are other background jobs getting Posted and Executed from that queue?