Solved

How / When is deployed Java code in projections?

• 16 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,
how or when is deployed Java code in projections?
Is only way (except of running local Docker/Kubernates) to develop Java actions/functions develop it on TOP environment and recreate it before each test?

Is there some other option to deploy these files to running instance - when they are already build locally?

Or is here some automatic job what import it after commit/push? Or import on start of environment?

Thanks

BR

icon

Best answer by hamalk 16 September 2022, 17:49

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @InfFilipV 

It’s alsways good to debug your changes and see before directly commiting the code.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/060_development/050_development_tools/002_developer_studio/030_reference/600_java_debugger/

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/060_development/050_development_tools/002_developer_studio/020_project_setup/080_technologies/

Also you can deploy the java impl JAR files into respective database and test.

/Harshini

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @hamalk,
thanks for quick answer.

I thought that this deploy RMB deploy it only to local docker/kubernates instance and not to running environment.

Does it really deploy it to DB / instance?

Or is for consultant test required to push it to repository and recreate TOP environment?

BR

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@InfFilipV  It does deploy into the DB you have configured in the project. 

1. FND_JAVA_IMPL_LIBS_TAB - used to store 3^rd^ party library jars and util.jars

2. FND_JAVA_IMPLEMENTATIONS_TAB - used to store fragment and projection jars

Once deployed just go to DB and check whether these JARS have got updated. 

/Harshini

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @hamalk,
should be changes visible immediately? Or some cache refresh is required?
Currently, to our changes starts works we have to wait to next day.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@InfFilipV  when you deploy to database these changes should get reflected in DB immediately. No need to wait until the next day.

Any thoughts @kosala , @chanaka-shanil ??

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@InfFilipV if you have manually deployed the changes into the topic environment, and you are using that environment’s middle-tier for testing, then you need to restart the ODP container in the topic environment. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @chanaka-shanil,
How? In BuildPlace I have access only to application, I can stop/start environment and I can delete and recreate environment.
I do not know about any functionality to restart some Docker container.
When APP server stuck, only way to solve it is delete and recreate whole environment.

Is there some in-app way how to restart it?

What about some projection caches - is not enough refresh them? (I do not remember well usage, is something like: …/main/ifsapplications/projection/ClearCache?METHOD=CLEAR_PROJECTION_CACHE&VALUE=* and …/main/ifsapplications/web/server/clearmetadatacache )

BR

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @chanaka-shanil , @hamalk,
do you know how to do restart of ODP container?

BR