Solved

How to make a field read only for every users in IFS9/IFS10

• 25 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Community,

I need to make this field read only for every users in the environment.

I tried to make it read only by RMB on the page >Properties > Read only 

but it reflected for only the current account. When I logged in to other user accounts, I can still edit the field.

Please help how to get this done..

thanks in advance.

Regards/

Hari 

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 25 June 2021, 16:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

You store this behaviour against a Base Profile and roll this out to all the end users.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/010_user_profiles/010_manage_user_profiles.htm

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @proharikg

As Stephen mentioned, you can make the field read-only in the required base profiles, so that the users attached to that base profile will have that field read-only. It is useful to make the field read-only to particular set of users.

If you want the field to make read-only for all the users (even for app owner), you can do that defining it as a conditional field as below.

For an example, if you want to make the Receipt Date in PO header read-only, you can do it as below.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You could make a custom event that compares the old and new values and throws an error if they disagree. This ensures every means of updating the field is blocked. This also gives you the ability to define logical exceptions.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @proharikg

As Stephen mentioned, you can make the field read-only in the required base profiles, so that the users attached to that base profile will have that field read-only. It is useful to make the field read-only to particular set of users.

If you want the field to make read-only for all the users (even for app owner), you can do that defining it as a conditional field as below.

For an example, if you want to make the Receipt Date in PO header read-only, you can do it as below.

Thanks,

Outstanding, This is a complete new information to me. Thanks a lot

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

You could make a custom event that compares the old and new values and throws an error if they disagree. This ensures every means of updating the field is blocked. This also gives you the ability to define logical exceptions.

Thanks a lot

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

You store this behaviour against a Base Profile and roll this out to all the end users.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/010_user_profiles/010_manage_user_profiles.htm

Thanks a lot

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @proharikg

Thanks,

Outstanding, This is a complete new information to me. Thanks a lot

You are most welcome ! 😊