Question

How to Grant Read Only access to Events?

• 19 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I want some of the users to have Read-Only access to events. In the Permission sets, when I RMB and do Grant Query at the Events folder level, nothing changes. Then I tried the lower level, Event action, and New Event action, and tried to Grant Query to a specific page, but the Grant Query option is grayed out. My only option is to give the users full add/modify/delete access. Is this an IFS design, or is it a bug? And how can I set read-only access to events?

Please advise. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi , You do not have the ability to get read only access for that page on the IFS Apps track. IFS Cloud release will allow you to do this for Events and Event Actions.
( The icons indicates this type of page is using server activities and not database objects. Revoking or Granting database objects does not have any effect on activities or services )

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Not sure if it's the best solution. But typically you can also disable the ‘NEW', ‘MODIFY’ and ‘REMOVE’ procedures from database objects. The user should not be able to change anything. But is able to see it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@JerkerHultqvist , Thank you for the insight! Do you know if the Cloud version will have auditing ability on the Solution Manager folder – so that we can audit who modified a user/permission set/ system parameter/etc?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yes you the ability to setup history logging for Solution Manager changes as what you mention in IFS Cloud.  You just need to know the data source which is easiest found in the Page Info.
Compared to AppsX you can track changes on permission set grants to other permission sets as well which was not possible before. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Grant Query option is grayed out for Event Actions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Not sure what happened with my last reply…. But, if you are unable to do this via the standard way, you can try to disable the Database objects ‘New’, 'Modify’ and ‘Remove’ (perhaps also the objects export/import). The user should still be able to see everything, but not create/change or delete.