Has Anyone Played with Custom Fields in an Aurena Native App?

• 13 May 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

So typically whenever I have implemented mWo, I always get the question about creating No Part Purchase Requisition Lines from Mobile.  And I always say it is not supported.  

What I have always implemented is creating generic Purchase Parts (NONSTOCK and SERVICES) and I create a custom field on the Work Order Purchase Requisition Line Called “mWo Part Description” which would allow the tech to properly describe what it is they actually want so they backoffice would know what to truly buy.

In the Apps10, what I have noticed is that the Part Requisition Line for a Work Task is now a completely different LU then the one in mobile.  So I have done the following:

Created a Persistent Text Custom Field in the WorkOrderRequisLine LU

Added it to the entity WorkOrderRequisLine

Published it.

Then went over to Aurena and added it to the new requisition step in the Aurena Page Designer

Then Reinitialized in mWo Service 10 and I see my new custom field.

But since the IEE Work Task Part Purchase Requisition Line uses a different LU, I create another custom field on the PartWoRequisLine LU which is read-only and using a SQL expression to read my custom field value from WORK_ORDER_REQUIS_LINE_CFV

In Mobile I create the new purchase requisition, use of my generic purchase parts and add a value to the custom field and click finish.

Upon writing back to IFS from mobile I get the following failed Transaction:

Null value not allowed. (ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("IFSAPP"."WORK_ORDER_REQUIS_LINE_CFT"."ROWKEY")
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.CUSTOM_OBJECT_RUNTIME_SYS", line 175
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_REQUIS_LINE_CFP", line 205
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.WORK_ORDER_REQUIS_LINE_CFP", line 385
ORA-06512: at line 1
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.CUSTOM_OBJECT_RUNTIME_SYS", line 171
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.CUSTOM_OBJECT_RUNTIME_SYS", line 179
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.CUSTOM_OBJECT_RUNTIME_SYS", line 84
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.CUSTOM_OBJECT_RUNTIME_SYS", line 96
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.CUSTOM_OBJECT_PROXY_SYS", line 427
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.CUSTOM_OBJECT_PROXY_SYS", line 435
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 34552
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.SERVICE_ENG_APP_SVC", line 34565
ORA-06512: at line 2)

Why is the CFP trying to write a NULL to Rowkey?

If I unpublish and unapproved my custom field in IEE (PartWoRequisLine LU) and delete the failed transaction, I see the created mobile purchase part requisition line in IEE (minus the value from my custom field)

Any thoughts?  How is everyone else handling No Part Purchases from Mobile now in Apps 10?

9 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m seeing the same thing. I’d recommend logging a support case for this.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Possible reason for this behavior could be an overridden Crud_Create, by passing the super call where custom fields are handled.  Report this to mWO team.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

IFS RnD has identified this as a bug in the core application and working on a fix as of Aug. 13, 2020

I will let all of you know as soon as I know the release date.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

BUG ID was 155204

Badge +5

@ctaylor56 Do you know this bug : 155204 is resolved? I’m trying to get a custom field value into the part line in Aurena and create no part line from that. When i check the Custom field value it’s null in the IFS db. Do you have any workaround for this?

Customer is on APP10 upd 12.

Badge +5

Hi @Dar ,

Is it now possible to add custom fields to MWO requisitions even if they are Assistants? 

I have an issue now where i can enter values to the custom fields from purchase requisition from M, MWO WO but it doesn’t save the custom field value in actual IFS CFT. No error traces are given and customer is on App10 upd 12 MWO Service 10.

Do you know why it doesn’t sync custom field values? Is it because that this is an assistant window?

@anmise  Did you get the problem resolved and could access and save values of custom fields from mobile?

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@malshanihm1 , sorry for not responding.  This was resolved from IFS with the mentioned Bug ID.  I am not sure why your custom field in the CFT is null.  Are there any failed transactions? 

Badge +5

@ctaylor56  Thank you for the response. Yes i saw the bug is fixed in IFS bugs. There are no failed transactions in my environment. Mobile DB contains the value of the custom field i save but the IFS table doesn’t. The CFT add a new record when i added work order requis line but the value of Cf_cost and cf_part_desc is null there in IFS DB.

@ctaylor56 I saw you had a same kind of requirement above. Did you make it work in your environment with the custom fields added to mobile when creating new requisition?

It would be great If anyone can help me out with this issue. I wonder if there’s special config or additional implementation i need to do to make the values transfer from mobile to IFS. Any override of crud method?

Thank you!

Badge +5

@ctaylor56  Thank you for the response. Yes i saw the bug is fixed in IFS bugs. There are no failed transactions in my environment. Mobile DB contains the value of the custom field i save but the IFS table doesn’t. The CFT add a new record when i added work order requis line but the value of Cf_cost and cf_part_desc is null there in IFS DB.

@ctaylor56 I saw you had a same kind of requirement above. Did you make it work in your environment with the custom fields added to mobile when creating new requisition?

It would be great If anyone can help me out with this issue. I wonder if there’s special config or additional implementation i need to do to make the values transfer from mobile to IFS. Any override of crud method?

Thank you!

Above issue is solved by adding the steps 2-4 which i have missed. Found it from :

Thank you!

Go to IEE

1. Create a custom field on the wanted LU on EE. (Solution Manager\User Interface\Custom Objects\Custom Fields)
  2. Went to the screen "Solution Manager\Touch Apps\Configuration\Entity Details" on that same LU for ServiceEngApp or MaintenanceEngApp in latest app version
  3. RMB on the table, option "Add Custom Attribute" to fetch the custom field in the entity.
  4. RMB "Publish Custom Attributes" on the header