"[file] has a different computed hash than specified in manifest"

• 4 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 113 replies

Hi all,

We have been working with IFS on this issue for several days but without success, and I am losing faith. I have asked for escalation but in the meantime, I wonder if anyone has ideas on what is going on here.

Issues:

• If we try to Download All Packages, we see the first error
  • We see errors 2 and 3 shown below with any Employee/Person form
  • This issue occurs on our Live, Test and Dev instances (Live and Test/Dev are on different physical servers)
  • We do not know exactly when the issue occurred as we do not add new employees often

Attempted Fixes:

• Used F1Mage.exe to recreate signed application
  • Reconfigured server
  • Restored to backup of “instance”
  • Uninstalled .NET update and restarted servers
  • Deleted “C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0” folder
  • Run “rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache” on client PC

Nothing works!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 4 March 2020, 12:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi,

It is most likely that some .NET files (dlls, etc) are blocking from your application server machine. Most probably this should be due to it needs the .htm file to be downloaded - it can be restricted due to security. Check whether you have any monitoring tools (virus guard, firewall, Dynatrace, etc.) are running in your application server machine (where IFS Home is installed) and not allowing all these IFS files (related to .net) to be downloaded. 

As I know, there is 1 more case that has the same issue, are currently we are setting things up to investigate directly in the app server. If we found any additional information there, we will update this post as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thank you @Rusiru - we have been testing Dynatrace for the last couple of weeks so that is a distinct possibility! I will check and report back.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Rusiru Stopping the Dynatrace services resolved the problem. Many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you @Rusiru - we have been testing Dynatrace for the last couple of weeks so that is a distinct possibility! I will check and report back.

Hi @GPIE 

You don’t need to completely disable Dynatrace. See the post below for details.

https://community.ifs.com/technology-all-about-the-nuts-and-bolts-that-make-it-work-50/ifs-runtime-download-issue-with-dynatrace-640

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Thanks @dsj. We had reached the end of the trial anyway and it didn’t give us much more that we get from OpManager/APM/PRTG, so we were happy to disable it.

Furthermore, Dynatrace couldn’t detect the issues were are having with hogging threads on our Test instance, which was the acid test for us.