Solved

Excel Data Migration tool

• 6 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Settings: IFS9. Excel in Windows10 environment

User has gone to Add-ons menu and selected the following two:

To create and update data in IFS Applications using Microsoft Excel you need to install the IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in.
As a prerequisite you need to install Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime.

Next Excel is opened. The new tab IFS Applications is visible.

User uses the icon to connect to IFS:

Nothing happens. No log in screen is presented.

Anyone an idea what could be the issue for this?

icon

Best answer by Sandun Madola 10 February 2020, 11:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Excel Data Migration has it's own permission set: FNDMIG_EXCEL_ADDIN.  Has that been granted to this user?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @eqbstal ,

Could you please try below.

1. Close all the opened excel applications.
  2. Go to installed program list in the control panel, then uninstall the ‘IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in’. 
  3. Then reinstall the ‘IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in’ via your Add-ons page.
  4. Now open excel > IFS Application and Click Connect.

IFS Data Migration Excel Add-in - Login screen

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks Sandun for the solution.

Maybe not really needed, but I had the user remove the Com Add in from Excel before removing the program via the control panel.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Link is broken. Can i get IFS Data Migration link please? @Sandun Madola @eqbstal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can’t use the link that has been gone in my original question. Select it via:

Selecting Add-ons will present a list of add-ons available

Badge +1

You can’t use the link that has been gone in my original question. Select it via:

Selecting Add-ons will present a list of add-ons available

I’m using IFS Apps 9, trying to add excel migration, and I cannot find the add-ons page that you’re referecing. Is it in IFS or is it somewhere on the website?