Question

Error while serializing contents: CBP working, Remote broken

• 31 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’m getting the error “Error while serializing contents” when I attempt to create a new Customer address in one of our Remote nonproduction Cloud upgrade environments.

I can’t reproduce this in our DEV environment hosted in the Cloud Build Place, built from the Customer Solution repository.

Under Address Setup, I changed the CustomerInfoAddress in the Remote environment so no fields were mandatory, so it matches the CBP DEV environment. This was necessary to reproduce a like-for-like test.

I’m using the Aurena client in a web browser, and according to the debug log, it’s sending the exact same payload in the two environments.

DEBUG - POST: {
url: CustomerHandling.svc/CustomerInfoSet(CustomerId='102333')/CustomerInfoAddresses,
etag: null,
payload: {"CustomerId":"102333","AddressId":"5","Name":"Hello, World!","DefaultDomain":true,"Country":"US","PartyType":"Customer","InCity":false,"CountryDesc":"UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)"}
}

How can I diagnose/troubleshoot such differences between our Remote installation and our CBP DEV environment?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Bump

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Any thoughts on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I wish IFS Community allowed us to offer a bounty on a hard, critical question, like they do on a certain other Q&A website starting with the letters S.O. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey Kevin - Let me ping a couple employees directly. Hang on to your bounty for a few more ;)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

This would probably be a data format /length issue. Usually, this error comes in such situations.

One of my projects had this due to length of currency description is long. when you debug it stops populate from that record onwards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hey Kevin - I sent this around internally as well. The advice was that this probably needs a more formal investigation, so it was suggested that you either raise a case to support to investigate, or we need to get a software engineer to perform a more in depth investigation, which would be chargeable. Let me know what if you need any help with either option!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I’m getting the error “Error while serializing contents” when I attempt to create a new Customer address in one of our Remote nonproduction Cloud upgrade environments.

I can’t reproduce this in our DEV environment hosted in the Cloud Build Place, built from the Customer Solution repository.

Under Address Setup, I changed the CustomerInfoAddress in the Remote environment so no fields were mandatory, so it matches the CBP DEV environment. This was necessary to reproduce a like-for-like test.

I’m using the Aurena client in a web browser, and according to the debug log, it’s sending the exact same payload in the two environments.

DEBUG - POST: {
url: CustomerHandling.svc/CustomerInfoSet(CustomerId='102333')/CustomerInfoAddresses,
etag: null,
payload: {"CustomerId":"102333","AddressId":"5","Name":"Hello, World!","DefaultDomain":true,"Country":"US","PartyType":"Customer","InCity":false,"CountryDesc":"UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (THE)"}
}

How can I diagnose/troubleshoot such differences between our Remote installation and our CBP DEV environment?

Hi ,

Were you able to get this solved? we are having the same issue. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Same issue after UPD16 deployment in APPS10. Not only in this screen, but Customer invoices, even in case management . Opened a support case too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Have you tried this in postman?

I've seen this before when numbers were quoted in the JSON and IFS was expecting an integer.