Question

Error during login IFS10

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

After connecting VPN when I try to open IFS10, I get below error. Can any one help to to resolved this.

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method ClientApplication/IdentifyCurrentUser

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.Interactive.FndLoginDialog.AuthenticateCredentials(FndLoginCredentials loginCreds) ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: -2146697211
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.CallGetResponse(String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Byte[] requestHeaderBytes, Byte[] requestBodyBytes, FndApfAsyncInvoke asyncInvokeHandle, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeGetResponse(String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Byte[] requestHeaderBytes, Byte[] requestBodyBytes, Boolean& abandoned, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

23 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Which browser have you used so far to connect?

Did you try launching IFS using Chrome? You need to install Chrome plugin the first time and you can find this under Add-ons on the IFS landing page.

Also, do you have the required SSL certificate install on your client PC to connect remotely?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

There is no problem to run the application in my office environment. I installed SSL certificate,  Chrome plugin also working nice. 

Problem is  I could not login through VPN connection where my other’s colleague can run IFS10. After VPN connection i  check PING response to the server and getting response okay. I am using window 10 and this OS getting update regularly. 

Thanks 

Are you getting the error after you entered user name and password or are you getting the error even before the log-in window?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I am getting the error before entering user name and password.

Not sure whether this will help but may be you can try this for fun. Press and hold the SHIFT key until you get the classic login options dialog (press and hold the SHIFT since you click the EE client link until you get this dialog). Then go to Options and select “Use windows default proxy settings” and press OK.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I tried this option but unfortunately not work. I think I need to reinstall my Operating System.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Have you been able to connect to IFS over your VPN previously or is this a new VPN for you?

Is your colleague successfully accessing IFS over the VPN or from your internal corporate network/at the office?

If your colleague is accessing IFS over the VPN then you may want to check you’ve configured your VPN correctly and/or check with your IT team that you’ve got the appropriate network permissions over VPN to access IFS.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@girish , did you find out what was going on? I have the same issue with one of my customers and found nothing about it anywhere else…

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Try to clear the .net download cache area. C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
Isolated storage can also be cleared C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage and C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Roaming\IsolatedStorage if roaming location is used. This will force a fresh download of the entire client. Also verify that the url to ifs is included in local intranet zone or Trusted Site.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Try to clear the .net download cache area. C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0
Isolated storage can also be cleared C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Local\IsolatedStorage and C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Roaming\IsolatedStorage if roaming location is used. This will force a fresh download of the entire client. Also verify that the url to ifs is included in local intranet zone or Trusted Site.

Thank you very much for your response kjrono! Immediately after receiving your reply I forwarded it to my customer and I’ve just received his feedback stating that the problem was not solved. :(

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Sorry to hear that it didn’t work, could you test to disable the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation and Check for server certficate revocation* in the security settings in IE (Advanced - > security) Also do you block any tls version when logged on true VPN?

Badge +1

After connecting VPN when I try to open IFS10, I get below error. Can any one help to to resolved this.

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method ClientApplication/IdentifyCurrentUser

at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.Interactive.FndLoginDialog.AuthenticateCredentials(FndLoginCredentials loginCreds) ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: -2146697211
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.CallGetResponse(String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Byte[] requestHeaderBytes, Byte[] requestBodyBytes, FndApfAsyncInvoke asyncInvokeHandle, Boolean integrationGateway)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeGetResponse(String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Byte[] requestHeaderBytes, Byte[] requestBodyBytes, Boolean& abandoned, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Please could you provide update on how this issue was resolved and the root cause. I am presently experiencing a similar issue at client site. All servers are running including the application and webservers but users are not able to access the login area. IFS fails to launch rather showing the above error. Note users also using VPN connection.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Sorry to hear that it didn’t work, could you test to disable the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation and Check for server certficate revocation* in the security settings in IE (Advanced - > security) Also do you block any tls version when logged on true VPN?

The IE configuration worked like a charm!!! 🙂 Thank you very much kjrono!

@TriEmmanW , my customer does not use VPN and was getting this error, but afeter disabling the options kjrono indicated in this post, we got the problem solved. Hope it helps you too!

Badge +4

Is there any solution for this matter. I have the same problem to login to IFS 10 from Windows 7 Professional edition. I tried all options above, but the problem still not solved.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Dear all

we have occasionally had the same issue using browser or desktop shortcuts that launch directly the ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application https://xxxx.xxxxx.xxx/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application. Going through the normal web interface to launch IFS Enterprise Explorer fixed it, and any subsequent attempts through the link started to work again.

best regards

Dominik

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Try below steps:

1. Open windows command prompt as administrator (if not possible use normal) and run following command. 

rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache

1. Open chrome and open a new incognito mode window (Ctrl + Shift + N) and enter the application access point URL
  2. Try launching the application again. 
Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

check use tls 1.0 options on internet options → advanced → use tls 1.0

Badge +3

Hi is there any solution for this. i got the same issue here.

Badge +1

Add the address of ifs access url  to the Trusted Sites  at Internet Expolerer->Internet Options->Security Tab

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @girish , did you get this issue solved? If it’s true, can you tell me what did you do?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

any update on how this issue was solved ? having same issue 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

We are also having trouble with this…

Any solution?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@chajash  for us it end-up being a firewall issue blocking IFS to open.