Solved

Edit Upload New Document Page in Page Designer

• 19 October 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, does anyone know how to reach and edit the New Document Page in Page Designer? It seems to be a global Page, and i can’t find it. We want to hide the yellow part in the screenshot below. 

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 21 October 2019, 09:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

@anmise I think this is about the dialog that opens when you create a new document from the Attachments section on any page. The page you refer to is very similar but does not look exactly the same (the layout is different). Since that is a dialog I am not sure if and how we can customize it. Let’s hope someone else knows...

As for the requirement itself, and this is a question to@SORBJAHAU, why do you want to hide it? That section only appears if you have set the number generator to advanced for the document class in question. The idea then is to let the user control the number generation, either by picking a booked document number or by making a number be generated from a number counter. Perhaps you should just set the number generator to standard for some document classes?

/Mathias

Perfect @Mathias Dahl! Thanks for helping out! Thanks to @anmise  as well.

Userlevel 7

Hi,

@anmise I think this is about the dialog that opens when you create a new document from the Attachments section on any page. The page you refer to is very similar but does not look exactly the same (the layout is different). Since that is a dialog I am not sure if and how we can customize it. Let’s hope someone else knows...

As for the requirement itself, and this is a question to@SORBJAHAU, why do you want to hide it? That section only appears if you have set the number generator to advanced for the document class in question. The idea then is to let the user control the number generation, either by picking a booked document number or by making a number be generated from a number counter. Perhaps you should just set the number generator to standard for some document classes?

/Mathias

You’re right. The yellow section will only pop up if a counter needs to be specified, which tricked me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

As for the requirement itself, and this is a question to @SORBJAHAU, why do you want to hide it? That section only appears if you have set the number generator to advanced for the document class in question. The idea then is to let the user control the number generation, either by picking a booked document number or by making a number be generated from a number counter. Perhaps you should just set the number generator to standard for some document classes?

/Mathias

Userlevel 7

Hi,

if you navigate to Document Management / My Documents / Upload Document and open the page designer, you can edit the global layout from there. Please note that I have not tested the impact on every single screen!