Question

EDI - Pass through values

Badge +4

We are implementing EDI 850 XML format.  The last issue we have is that customer is sending us a passthrough value (XYZ) which is not meaningful to us but we need to send it back on the 810.  Are there user defined fields or custom fields that can be activated to capture this information which will also be available to extract for the Invoice?  Thank you again.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @BPC2710 ,

We have a customer who sends us a passthrough value on the 850 that we must include on the 856 ASN.   We use an EDI partner to take care of mapping inbound EDI x.12 into IFS XML and the outbound IFS XML to EDI x.12 for 856 and 810 documents.   We have the EDI partner retrieve the information we need to include on the 856 and/or 810 from the inbound 850.   It’s a simple manner of them using the PO # to reference the correct segment on the 850 to extract the information and insert it into the correct segment on the 856 or 810.

Another way you could do it is to map the passthrough value to an unused field in IFS customer order or customer order line which is passed to the customer invoice and included in the IFS 810 XML file.  It will take a little testing and verification to find a field but there are some you can use which pass to the invoice especially on the customer order line level.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @BPC2710 ,

Now that I’m in the office I took a look at the 850 and 810 documents in the IFS documentation.   It would appear that both the 850 and 810 have a field called “LabelNote” in their XML messages so you maybe able to map the passthrough information into the “LabelNote” field on the inbound 850 when sent to IFS in the XML format and when you send the 810 invoice XML back if the data is present you could map it back to the field the customer is expecting in the EDI mapping.

Regards,

William Klotz

Badge +4

Thank you for your response, William.  I can find out if we are using that field for anything and take it from there.  I appreciate the time taken to help!