Solved

Document Text from Sales Part to Customer Invoice Apps 8

• 21 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi everyone, 

I am struggling to a little with document text and wondered if anyone can help. What I am trying to do is set a document text on specific non-inventory sales part so that any customer orders / invoices that are created using that sales part the document text is pulled through, but when I run a new customer order it doesn’t seem to pull the document text through.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Hayley

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 24 May 2021, 13:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @HayleyG ,

First you need to define an output type in Document Text Administration and connect the desired documents to it. (In this case Customer Order Confirmation and Customer Invoice)

And them define a Phrase ID as well. The actual text you need to automatically print is entered in this Phrase ID with required languages.

Then, we have to connect the created Phrase ID with the required documents, in the Document Phrases tab.

If you don’t want it to be enabled for all companies, you have to RMB on each line and go to Details, and specify certain companies and sites.

Then, go to the Non Inventory Sales Part record and add the document text with the created Output Type and Phrase ID (Phrase Text).

Then, it will show this text in the Customer Order Confirmation and Customer Invoice documents with this specific sales part in the customer order line.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

Thank you for the detailed step by step guide. I have already done this set up but still cannot get it to appear on our Invoice template, so I am presuming this may have something to do with the Crystal report set up we use for our invoice templates, as we don’t use the ‘out of the box’ templates?

Also I would have thought the Document Text check box on the Customer Order to have been ticked automatically once the Sales Part with the document text connected to was applied, is this not the case?

Kind regards,

Hayley

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @HayleyG ,

If you are using a custom layout (crystal report or streamserve) than the IFS default layout, the document text would not work on those layout. You can do it by modifying the crystal layout to show the document text by configuring the layout.

Document text box in the customer order header is just for documents text created in customer order itself.

Thank you and Best Regards