Solved

Conditional Formatting for blank dates

• 25 November 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 31 replies

I’ve never tried creating conditional formatting based off of a null/blank date field before and nothing I seem to try works. The docs say you can use the same conditions as you do in search, so I tried !%. Ironically % works for identifying records with dates.  I’ve tried <>%, = and <1/1/1 with no affect. Tried just <> to a date range, as you enter it you get ‘Your query can not be compiled’

Any ideas/solutions?

Thanks,
Lane

icon

Best answer by Himasha Abeywickrama 25 November 2019, 23:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lane,

Unfortunately, this is not supported in current version of IFS. So, there is no way to perform conditional formatting on date fields with a condition of a NULL value in the date field.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks Himasha!

That’s what I was afraid of, but I was hopping I missed something. Seems like an odd omission.

-Lane

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I tried to find a way (workaround) for this, and kept Operator: = and the value as blank (Select a date).

It seems to be working - I tried in APP10 latest update.

Maybe this is not what you are trying to do? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Rusiru,

I was looking for it in Conditional Formatting, not in Conditional Actions.  I don’t know if it makes any difference but I’m in an Apps9 Update 11 environment at the moment. The actions may be a solution to dealing with the problem we are experiencing.

Thanks,

Lane

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

sorry I misread your post. conditional formatting and actions are two different functionalities. so actions might not work for your case. 

Userlevel 4

Could you create new custom field, what takes value from this inspected view. If original field is empty, use some specifyed value what is not existing normally.
Then you can make formatting based on this new field.