Change Initiated By user in Outbound Async Message

• 23 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Superhero (Partner)
  • 662 replies

Hi All,

We are invoking a 3rd party API with PLSQLAP_Server_API.Post_Outbound_Bizapi and process the reply with PLSQL type. 

We noted that IFSCONNECT user need to have all the grants since Initiated By user is set to IFSCONNECT and Execute as Initiator set by default.

Is there a way to change this?

App version:IFS 10 UPD 6

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Oh, you got a strong olfaction my friend ;-) @dsj 

Thanks a lot for the feedback - and I always thought the EXECUTE_AS param should solve the issue, but it doesn’t. So I’ll advise also to stick to the option 3 above as you’ve suggested too.

Cheers …. 🥂

@Manulak The problem here is by default Execute As is set to initiator, but the initiated by is set to IFSCONNECT. If you can find a way to set the initiated by to the end user, maybe it would work? I went with the easiest solution though 😁

Please keep posted if you able to crack this.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Oh, you got a strong olfaction my friend ;-) @dsj 

Thanks a lot for the feedback - and I always thought the EXECUTE_AS param should solve the issue, but it doesn’t. So I’ll advise also to stick to the option 3 above as you’ve suggested too.

Cheers …. 🥂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello @dsj 

Trust you are fine :)

Did the above answer from @Ruchira work for you? Because, as I know, application server task administration was later moved into Setup IFS Connect > Task templates.

However, I have a similar situation, so I thought I might get some inputs from you.

I’ve also come across a situation where some queries won’t get results (due to right issues) when they are written in the events against the PDF_REPORT_CREATED event. That’s probably because the FND user (IFSCONNECT)  who executes the application server task has no access.

I know that, even the FND user is IFSCONNECT, the session pool contains IFSSYS users, but how to solve this issue?

The below solutions are available, but I like to hear your comments.

1. Set the EXECUTE_AS to INITIATOR of the PROCESSING_PRINT_JOBS
  2. Grant all sites and companies to IFSCONNECT user
    (doesn’t look like a good solution at all to me though)
  3. Use impersonations (FND_SESSION_API.Impersonate_Fnd_User) within the PDF_REPORT_CREATED event action code

Thank you in advance.

/Manulak

Hi Bro,

I’m doing good and nice to hear you have the same troubles so I guess you also cooking some good stuff :)

No, the solution by Ruchira didn’t work for me since I couldn’t find an overload of PLSQLAP_Server_API.Post_Outbound_Bizapi with a matching parameter. So I impersonate the user inside the chain link 2 PL/SQL procedure when processing the response. (your option 3)

I had the same trouble for PDF_REPOPRT_CREATED event action and there I used fnd_session_Util_API.Impersonate_Fnd_User_('&USER_IDENTITY');

Hope it helps!
Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @dsj 

Trust you are fine :)

Did the above answer from @Ruchira work for you? Because, as I know, application server task administration was later moved into Setup IFS Connect > Task templates.

However, I have a similar situation, so I thought I might get some inputs from you.

I’ve also come across a situation where some queries won’t get results (due to right issues) when they are written in the events against the PDF_REPORT_CREATED event. That’s probably because the FND user (IFSCONNECT)  who executes the application server task has no access.

I know that, even the FND user is IFSCONNECT, the session pool contains IFSSYS users, but how to solve this issue?

The below solutions are available, but I like to hear your comments.

1. Set the EXECUTE_AS to INITIATOR of the PROCESSING_PRINT_JOBS
  2. Grant all sites and companies to IFSCONNECT user
    (doesn’t look like a good solution at all to me though)
  3. Use impersonations (FND_SESSION_API.Impersonate_Fnd_User) within the PDF_REPORT_CREATED event action code

Thank you in advance.

/Manulak

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

This is way too late but if you need to change the ‘Execute As’ you can do it from Application server tasks window